Thread: ke70 clutch

Oldschool Member

hey guys me and one of my mates just went out and bought a ke70 1984 with the 4k series motor. payed 250 bux so we aint complaining. the clutch is currently a cable driven clutch and we are looking to change it due to the fact that the cable clutch sticks every now and then. if its possible how much effort and what parts would we need to do the conversion?

im assuming we could use an ae71 setup or an ae86 setup, so we would need to change the slave cylinder, install a master cylinder and probably change the clutch pedal to suti the master cylinder.

anyone done this conversion before and able to help us out?

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i have, but i was going to 4a/t50. youre seriously better of serviving what you have. clutch conversion is a rather large job compared to changing a cable, which is all it will be.

what youre suggesting is completely custom.. sure you can get either ae71 or 86 hardware in there at the pedal end.. but then what are you going to do at the box? the K box will have no provion for a slave cylinder.
    78's

Name
    Justin
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Not worth wasting your time if you are keeping it a K series gearbox. Just get out the CRC and lubricate the cable, If thats no good, Go grab another one from somewhere. (They are a dime a dozen). Only worth changing to hydraulic if you are putting a 4AGE with a T50 behind it in your car..
    Why hesitate when you can accelerate???
    Yellow 1984 KE70 Corolla, 1.3L 4K-C, Tighe 104 Cam, Electronic Dizzy, Dellorto DHLA40s,
    4-1 Hurricane Extractors, 2" Exhaust System, 5 Speed, Factory Mags, Towbar, 33 RWKW Last dyno.

Oldschool Member

yeah we were thinking of putting wither 4age or maybe even a 1g into it, depending on what we wanna use it for. we might just clean it up, get a uage and the use it as a run around car / budget drifter for when we are poor

cheers for the info guys

Name
    Greg
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

well if you're going to use it with a gearbox that has provisions for a slave cyl, all you need is the pedal box, and master cyl out of an ae71/ae86, and the slave off whichever gearbox you intend to use..

then just get a custom line made up

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

what are you talking about? what K box is hydraulic? please enlighten us.

also pedal box? out of an 86? have you done that conversion? i have. its not exactly straight forward.
    78's