Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: little bit more outer 4ac

um mines running a little bit rich as well..but some1 said i cant really lean it out..theres only the idle controler screw which adjusts the idle mixture..so i havent done anything to it coz my idle is fine and its only a little bit rich

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

yea its safer to run it a bit rich than a bit lean. if you lean it out to much it may and will eventualy detonate. detonation comes after pinging.. but if it is too rich, it will be slugish and have no power. take a bit to get it right.

but how rich is rich my plugs are black and black smoke out the rear end not heap but a little bit plugs are 2 months old i barly drive the car as i dont have my licence

^^leave that to the experts to answer

Bad Email Address

you know you prolly could get a bit more out of it... not to mention fuel economy and smoothness.. if you converted to a FWD 4AC electronic dizzy, ran a high output coil (like a GT40 or something) iridium plugs if you can.. give it a good old carby cleanover the whole carby.. and inside ofcourse.. (befor you change the plugs ) new cap/rotor button/leads.. and bring up the timing.. all that is just rutene mateinance anyway... cept for the electronic ignition.. fuel filter also

you'd prolly spend a little over $100 but just by keeping everything fresh like that.. will keep it nice and smooth..

with the dizzy would be about $40 or so.. just say it's from a bucket o shit corolla in the back corner.. adjectives always help with the price..

i got electronic dizzi also got the upgrade coil pack to suit removed resistor i think more on the carby side of things and iridum plugs fro 4ac thats spoiling the motor to much money for plugs lol the plugs alone worth more then the engine hahaha thanks guys thanks mattyshops

Name
    Nat
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Mattys a pro at this obviously, lol.

Remember, you get shit cheaper if you pull it yourself, I'm getting way too good at stripping Corollas/Celicas/etc............

Bad Email Address

hahaha... i walked in once empty handed just to have a looksee at what was there... pulled an electronic dizzy out of an 18RG that was just lying there... (read RARE) wrapped it in a rag i found in the back of a corona... walked up to the counter and said 'i've looked everywhere in the yard, do you have any of these' the guy looked puzzled at it.. and said no.... soo soo very dissapointed i walked out with the dizzy.. hahaha.. suckers.. that or just throw it over the fence usually works

hey dude reckon u should teach me to build the same box 4 my AE86 4ac, im like you i turn 18 in like 3 months so got no cash left 4 a 4age conversion. Also iv seen a 4ac with simply just a v6 crome airfilter on it that does a simmular job and its cheaper and easyier.

hey man whats goin on it sucks haven no licence i got another 6months loll hshs im so cut lol anywaystheres really nothing to making it all u need is a tap mesure 9inch grinder 4inch grinder with grinding disc, electric drill and alot of time on your hand 2mm thick plate a pod adaptor from you local auto pro and a welder if you no how to weld your on your way and ull be up couple of nights make shore its got no leaks when u finish it oviously you gonna have 2 holes for the carby and the outlet thats about it really good luck man

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast