Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilly's Hachi. WRECKING MID FEBRUARY

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

new heart looks like this

Bad Email Address

Is sweetheart going to be in and running by the 15th by any chance......?

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

no chance engine will be in by the 15th, still finalising loom and some other odds and ends, plus working heaps gives me no time to pull the car off the road for a few days.

Rob that is hands down one of the funniest nights ever.

"so i turn left?!!! into an estate!!, didn't you say there was a pizza hut?!! what footall field?!! i see the supercheap, oh there is no supercheap?! where the fuck am i then?!! you'll come find me? cool see you then"

still makes me laugh

Oldschool Member

i love this car. makes me wanna keep mine!

Name
    Justin
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

My god Gilly, how do you manage to make any car of yours look stupidly tough with minimal exterior mods?

Im trying to decide if my sprinter would look ebtter without a grille or wit a jdm grille...after seeing your car im not so sure

Justin

Bad Email Address

I reckon you need some fogies if you leave the grill out otherwise it looks to strange........ the bare space is to large... IMO

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

got my oil cooler going in there and hopefully one day some JDM foggies.

grill is on airport drive somewhere..........

just kidding i stopped and picked it up so don't go looking.

Bad Email Address

ahah cool.......... least its not a blank space then.... fogies definatly improve the look...

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

it's all in the ride height, rim offset and some part removal (see below) you slam anything it'l look cool. my old KE70 was low (just ask Richy) had 13's so didn't appear slammed, but speed bumps tell you otherwise. could fit a coke between the exhaust tip and the ground, if it was on it' side........

Gilly's guide to the massif Phatness

1. remove all door moulds
    2. remove pin striping!! if you have it
    3. remove rear wiper
    4. remove aerial, i put mine under the dash and it works alright.
    5. lower it enough so it just sits off the ground (i love height adjustable coilovers, front and rear, aaaahh luxury)
    6. don't have to be pretty just fill the guards. my rear guards are rolled only and there is a 10mm gap between tyre sidewall and guard. front track is pumped out due to s13 coilovers so front guards are well filled, some to be proper flared.

basically pull shit off, beware you will have marks where the door moulds come off and in most cases the paint will be in better condition as it has never seen the sun. not overly noticable until you get close, but then you see all the dings and scratches as well . good from far, far from good. just admire from a distance......

just realised those photo's of the 70 are before it had Gillly spec superlows, the one with the XR4's on it (Richy spec, new owner) that's when it was really low, well actually still is.

Name
    Justin
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

LOL, thanks for the tips man, since im restoring my 86 im fucking off certaint things like aerial etc so hopefully it will be nice and clean, and its already hell low as well lol.

Yeah i can certainly testify to how low the 70 is, i drove it, had so much gun, had serious trouble negotiating things such as those dumb gutters that queensland streets have everywhere... I think i kind of made some marks on the fart can on it lol

Might order a lower ride height when i get my 8 and 6 springs...

Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast