Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Ae86

Name
    Callan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Unhappy I think we are getting off topic here

GET YOUR HEAD BACK TO WHERE IT SHOULD BE any way i found out what engine the prototype was running on and what they might use in the final product ............ they were using a racing version of the 4age with 2 turbos just to get the power right and the engine that they might use in the final product is an old B16A engine with turbo charger.

TAK 2

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

they could make the beams emmision compliant
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Callan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Unhappy how about this idea

can they use the new helogen lights in the 3sge caseings

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

If all interested parties emailed Toyota and told them how exciting a revised ae86 is, then they might make it. I mean the whole TRD brand sold around 5000 cars while it existed. Obviously their market research cant be trusted to reflect what we want. Seems more like TRD Australia was just a big push to make us buy what they were already selling, it failed, and if we all emailed them and told them that, they may consider other options. If they still haven't realised that ford and Holden sell a lot of cars based on the fact that they are FR layout, then we need to tell them. I'm sure a few thousand emails from people expressing interest in purchasing a lightweight, rwd, all Toyota inline 4 coupe, designed for minimum cost and maximum road holding, would cause quite a stir. I mean, I got a personal email back asking further questions, from Toyota's marketing department just for writing them a 2 paragraph rant about how disappointed I was that they were closing trd in Australia without ever offering a true performance platform.

My current personal opinion, we wont get this car, if it even goes into production. I think the project from Toyota and Subaru's perspective has morphed into the Subaru 2 door that seems a more certain option at this time. With the world economy, car makers going bust all around the place, fuel costs increasing and an ever more urgent need for new energy sources to be incorporated into car designs, increased emphasis on vehicle safety required to sell cars at the dealers and turn over the numbers, increased costs of the resources required to manufacture a vehicle, and I'm sure a lot of other things I haven't considered, its never been harder to own and run a massive car maker. This project is easily the kind of thing that could fall by the wayside.

If Toyota wants to proceed in true low budget AE86 swap and adapt style, I'm sure I could be persuaded to go to their parts storage and distribution facility and bolt parts together until I have a competitive enough looking car to start them off from. I'm sure with an IS200 floorpan and a welder, and a decent panel beater, and a billion dollars worth of pre made parts, we could come up with something decent.

Prove me wrong Toyota.

Name
    Vlad
    State
    Sacred Valley
    Country
    Peru

Haha! I'll come and give you a hand! Drop 250kg out of the Altezza, starting by throwing out the aircon, power steering, ABS and a pile of luxury stuff, then boost its 210bhp to 250!

Name
    Karl
    State
    S.A.
    Country
    Austria

the new CO2 emmitions regulations suck balls
    RokuSteady : Shakotan - Tsuraichi - Hippari - Onikyan : 神奈川 様式

Name
    Vlad
    State
    Sacred Valley
    Country
    Peru

Seeing Australia has just set RECORD low temperatures & the Northern hemisphere has just had a particularly cold winter I don't believe CO2 is a pollutant or causing global warming at all!! CO2 has gone up as usual for the last 10years but global temperature has gone down... exit Mr Gore please!

But no-one ever found brains & politicians together...

Name
    Vlad
    State
    Sacred Valley
    Country
    Peru

Ah- those are oxides of nitrogen causing that... CO2 you wouldn't notice.

Name
    Karl
    State
    S.A.
    Country
    Austria

I agree global warming is a myth, well it might have gotten increasingly warmer since the last ice age but for example 40 degree heat wave in SA this summer, was only just longer then one 80 years ago... what about more then 100 years ago before records were kept?

Name
    Karl
    State
    S.A.
    Country
    Austria

maybe because in developing nations (especially one as large and populated as china) they are driving much older and worse polluting vehicles then the 3SGE in question?

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast