Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Ae86

Bad Email Address

if it comes out like i said im getting one, thats if they live up to what they are said to be. I reckon we should wait and see let time tell

Name
    Christian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Toyota's net income was US $17 billion, so not quite a loss.

Name
    Brad
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

I got a AE86 because i wanted a newer car. Its newer than any of my other cars/bike by 15 years. Newer dosen't mean better.
    Like others have said, it will be too heavy. There are not many cars no matter what size on the road near the 1000kg mark.

Brad

Bad Email Address

if dey do put it in production,,,
    they will make an anime out of it like Initial D to make sure they sell it all...

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I would buy one. No questions. Must be under 1400kg though. Must be rwd. Must be under $34K

Name
    Vlad
    State
    Sacred Valley
    Country
    Peru

If they release the Subaru version in Aussie they will ban the Toyota version via SEVs, like the Altezza and Lexus IS200

Name
    Josef
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

just wondering if anyones considered nissan, i have had a love for toyotas but in my search around the joint datsun have had more rwd sports cars out than anyone in the 4cyl and 6 cyl mark if anyone wants a new car hit up one of them, but i admit.... still to heavy like my old box, would love an old datsun z car sittin next to a sprinter.... dont make em like they used to, improvements just make em worse yuk 350z, looks ok but gme a 260

*slaps self* toyota forum! still nissan have way more sports car selections out there these days, after that choose between a ford and holden.
    4-ac stock sprinter.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

WTF.....AE86 was popular LONG before Initial D
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

They could have made it look tuff like an 86. It bares no similarity to a hachi, just another Takumi related money grab...............

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Nissan were creating their new Silvia, but have since dropped the project to persue more fuel efficient / green technologies. Soft.

The new 086A is looking good, despite rumours it has been canned. 7Tune has made a very recent article saying that it's going ahead, and that a few more details have been confirmed.

Apparently they're aiming for a 1200kg mass from the Subaru Legacy base and 200PS through the "refined direct injection" EJ20 Boxer engine. It will utilize the new suspension systems that Subaru have developed for the chassis, hopefully making it a little better than current models. A run down of all the specs anticipated is here:

Engine: EJ20 Direct Injection Gasoline 4 Cylinder
    Engine Size: 1994cc
    Power: 200ps/7200rpm
    Torque: 20.0kg/4000rpm
    Transmission: 6 Speed
    Wheel Base: 2470mm
    Total Length: 4200mm
    Total Width: 1750mm
    Total Height: 1300mm
    Wheel Base: 2470mm
    Weight: 1200kg

Articles and . Not too keen on the epic tapered look on the first link, but I do find the second rather pleasing to the eye and crotchal region.

Don't know where they get their sources from, and some of it doesn't really make sense. I mean, they claim there that it should be hitting the 'ring disguised at the end of April. I know refining takes a lot of time, and gearing for production, but seriously, from April 2009 to anywhere in 2012 is a LONG time for refinement of something that's essentially built. If they're up to testing, I would have thought it would be more realistic that they'd be launching in late 2010 to mid 2011 at the latest.

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast