Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Ae86

Bad Email Address

Default The new Ae86

Yes i know, its old, everyone knows.

But what do you reckon about it?

The front-engined, rear-wheel drive Corolla AE86 rose to fame as the car of choice for drifters as well as in the popular anime Initial D.

Whilst Lexus is soon to be releasing the IS-F and LF-A, the new model AE86 will represent Toyota’s first true sports car since the Supra.

The drivetrain (RWD, ofcourse) will be sourced from Subaru and initial reports suggest it will be powered by a 1.5L 2NZ-FE engine. Now whilst a 1.5L may not sound impressive, with a target weight under 1,000kg and the original AE86 developing 97kW back in the 1980’s, the performance is sure to be surprising.

Current impressions of the dimensions place it at under 4m long, 1.7m wide and 1.35m high. With a price range of around $12000us

Name
    Chris
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

They wont make it!

Who would buy one? I'm undecided.
    1984 JDM Zenki Trueno GT-Apex Hatch
    4AGE 16V
    +Quads, HKS 264 cams, Microtech LT10s, TRD gearset gearbox, TRD2WAY LSD, fun!

FOR SALE: JDM 4AG PACKAGE+ITEMS (ENGINE/GBOX/EXHAUST/ECU/SHIT)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ad.php?p=15205

Bad Email Address

id buy one would be a sick daily.
    why arent they making it?

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

they wont make it. remember toyota only make fwd cars. thats what australians want. remember? *facepalm*
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Bad Email Address

haha, oh yeah great love the fwd cars..

Name
    Chris
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Don't know how anyone can enjoy a FWD. We have an Astra and I hate driving it, feels dodgy as.

But yeah like I said, i doubt we will be seeing it anytime soon. Would be interesting if they did release it though. Might make other manufactures bring out more rwd cars aswell.
    1984 JDM Zenki Trueno GT-Apex Hatch
    4AGE 16V
    +Quads, HKS 264 cams, Microtech LT10s, TRD gearset gearbox, TRD2WAY LSD, fun!

FOR SALE: JDM 4AG PACKAGE+ITEMS (ENGINE/GBOX/EXHAUST/ECU/SHIT)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ad.php?p=15205

I think somebody would have said this before the first AE86 was released. Luckily people liked the look of a cheaper car with a sporty feel the same goes for todays society, I hope. A car that is cheap at the pump and easy on the insurance would have potential. Especially with the new license laws a NA FR car would be popular with younger generations and older. Get a few companies making aftermarket accessories and maybe in 20 years time our children will be driving the new cult car. Who knows?
    I don't think it looks to bad at all in that pic, it would just take somebody to unleash it's potential. The standard 86 ain't much in its factory trim, but play around a little and well you have sites like this around the world dedicated to this car.

Bad Email Address

dead set id buy one like i said earlier, its cheap, all the aspects of a new model car in rwd format, what more?

Wally you can enjoy a fwd i used to have a type r thing was awesome actually use to like it better through the twisties then my 86 and it was stock.

Honda fwd have taken fwd to a totally different bench mark.

Any car is enjoyable if its your pride and joy

they wont make it. they wont even make a TRD Yaris or Corolla

Name
    Roland
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Australia will only get the subaru version, Japan will be the only country that will see the Toyota version. Which sucks ass

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast