Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 1 stop diff info

riojin

whats the ratio of a s series diff centre? if changing diffs would the cables for the speedo and tacho have to be adjusted so they give out the right readings?

im planning on using an F series diff with a 3.9 centre.

Bad Email Address

S series is 3.9

can't adjust a cable, you can change the drive gear in the box to suit. There's a few combinations you can achieve with the gears.

Tacho comes from engine, has nothing to do with diff.

Random diff info I found out the other day. YR30 Tarago F-series axle tube flanges are bigger than T-series size which I believe is the same as E-series. Will confirm in a few days when I try to put corona disc brakes on the E-series.

MX13 F-series axle tube flange are the same as T-series.

YR22 Tarago F sereis diff flanges are NOT the same as T series diff flanges. So Corona discs will not fit. From personal experience.

However as you say, the MX13 F series does share a diff flange with T series.

And YR20 E series has the same diff flange as T series.

Bad Email Address

Hen, would you happen know if YR20/21 E-series drum set up can be used on the YR22 F-series if using F-series backing plates?

Also do you know if the BW78 axle tube flange is the same as YR22 F-series? ie can you use R31 brakes on F-series?

Ken, I'm not sure. Do you mean, YR22 diff, YR22 backing plates, YR20/21 drums? On those drum brakes the entire braking setup is attached to the backing plates, the only other part is the drum itself, so I don't really see the point to what you are suggesting.

As for matching the BW78, I also don't know, but give me the measurements of the BW flange and I can check. The YR22 has bolts set out in a rectangle, with a longer horizontal spacing than vertical spacing. Just like a drum T/S diff, but bigger.

Hen

Bad Email Address

Yep, I did mean YR22 backing plate(YR30 in my case) with everything else off YR20/21 braking mechanism. No real point in it except the F-series that didn't have brakes. After getting off my arse and test fitting it, it does fit. Probably of no use to anyone.

I was hoping you had BW78 measurements. meh, I'll eventually get around to it.

One thing I did notice with my F-series backing plates, the flange isn't a rectangle but a parallelogram. The lower bolt spacing is 80mm but the upper bolt spacing is 84mm. The smaller dimensions are 52mm. All dimension are from the centre of hole to centre.

riojin

I JUST FOUND THE KING OF ALL TOYOTA DIFF LINKS!!!!

</a>

enjoy ladies

heres another one

Name
    Dusty
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riojin @ Nov 8 2007, 10:03 PM) </div>
    diggin up an old thread but RA60 axles are billet correct?

No they are not billet. They are a heat treated, machined, casting. Just like all other Toyota axles I have seen.

What are you getting at with that question?

Hen

Name
    Dusty
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hen is a total nutcase @ Feb 1 2008, 11:17 AM) </div>just heard that they are very strong

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast