Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: S13 coilovers into AE86

Bad Email Address

This seems like an emotional arguement with no evidence. If you're not going to actually contribute, "I found I couldn't get the camber/caster settings I wanted!" "The Ackerman was way off and the wheels turned in bad ratio to eachother causing heavy oversteer!".. then..

Could be good to listen to.

T3 have a product, a modified castor arm I believe. To work with the AE86 with an S13 LCA. So you don't need to drill the LCA. It's also adjustable.

To quote:

That'd be $200 US I'd say.. so around $260.

Grant.

Bad Email Address

T3 seem to have all the right shit.... looks like a worthy investment for anyone doing this conversion......

Dxaqta

grant good find on that but do t3 still stock these

how do u solve the swaybar mount

also the angle of the control arm

Bad Email Address

Im looking at the T3 arms now and they seem to have AE86 ends on them.... ie: curved instead of straight like the ones pictured above....

I sent Gab an enquiry anyhow to see whats the go....

Dxaqta

can you post up the link for this product on the T3 website i couldnt find it

Name
    alex
    State
    wa
    Country
    australia

Dxaqta, if its the angle on the controll arm your referring to caused by the original tension rod being "wrong" then this will fix that. If its the horisontal angle of the controll arm caused by the ride height (which can cause bump steer issues), then this wont fix it, and the only way to fix that is to relocate the inboard mounting point for the LCA. which means modifying....which means engineering....if this is important for you. A lot of people out there are happy to drive around on 86's without the RCA's, but most of these people are not serious racecar drivers, and the problem with the s13 LCA angle would not be an issue for them.

Bad Email Address

the product isn't listed on the website.

Half the stuff they do isn't on the website.

Kind of the nature of a place that does some more er custom things.

Speak to Gabriel Tyer of T3 about your concerns, I'm sure he can sort something out.

What kind of ackerman are you after? What kind of steering angle are you after? It really depends on what you want hey..

There are no kneesan S13 rca's available?..

Name
    alex
    State
    wa
    Country
    australia

PS, i think the T3 arms are not an off the shelf item, they are the front of the AE86 tension rod, with the rest of the s13 tension rod making up the rest. They probably make these up to order.

You could do this with locally available product if you want to.

Dxaqta

yeah i was refering to bump steer

Bad Email Address

Ahh I see now, maybe Gab will have something else to offer me when he returns my email....

Thats another thing I always wondered.... regarding this set-up and the use of RCA's as I didnt think AE86 ones would be compatible, and as you reckon there are none made for Nissan then thats pretty fucked.....

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast