Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: S13 coilovers into AE86

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

cheers mate, you are not overthinking you are being thorough, which is not a bad thing

Bad Email Address

im just happy when ever Gilly writes a reply or post as i get to see the breaking dancing Bear.. i cant stop giggling... HHEHEHEHE

Name
    Marko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

you think there would be any other solution on the tie rods and rack ends so i can buy off the shelf pillow ball items?

im in the process of doing this now, and let me tell you all that any 8 inch or so neg offset wheel wont fit too well inside the arches!

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

if you want to use nissan aftermarket tie rod ends, you can use S15 tie rods with MX83 rack ends. this is what i was going to use for my conversion but my car doesnt see the track so uber strong tie rods arent a priority.

Sprinter-Saurus

Here's how I did my S13 LCA. Mind you I did this conversion over 6 months ago, so all I had to go on was Nimon's original DIY thread, and did a bit of research and got a engineer and a guy from a steering rack business to put there 2c worth and ideas in, and I reckon it turned out pretty good. I didn't think about how the S13 hub is slight different though, so as some people said earlier in the thread, if you use LCA's that are the same length as stock AE86 LCA's, then you won't really have much camber. This is what seems to have happened on my car, although I don't have the weight of a motor and gearbox in the car yet, and I also haven't played much with the setting on the coilovers, but I'm considering getting another set of S13 LCA's and just running them as they are, eg maximum length, but yeah I'l wait and see what my settings are and what the camber looks like once the car is driving again in a few weeks. Here's some pictures:

Those bolts with the sleeves in the above pic are the little bastards that I had to get lathed up so the AE86 camber tops I had would bolt into the S13 coilovers. The bolts that came with the coilovers were only a smidgen off not fitting the camber tops.

Granted the geometry might be out a touch now with the S13 gear in there, but I don't reckon it's as bad as ImprovedAE86 or Dxaqta would have people believe.

Oh yeah, as EVOSTi commented on above, I used S15 tie rods with MX83 rack ends.

Cheers, Daniel.

Bad Email Address

H-bizzle autoshop is where its at Fo Sprinter-Saurus!

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

bahaha... driving again in a few weeks, thats a good one!

Bad Email Address

What is the MX83 --------- ? not down with the particulars of other assorted vehciles...... Just so I know where to find these rack ends... how much were new ones also..?

cheers

Bad Email Address

would these be suitable to use ....... ?

Sprinter-Saurus

MX83 Cressida. They cost shit all to by new.

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast