Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: S13 coilovers into AE86

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

its bad going over bumps because of bump steer probably not due to the condition of your coilovers.
    bump steer usually occurs with this conversion unless you do things to fix it.

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

the whole bump steer thing is non-existent to anybody i know who has done this conversion, its scary for dave because the springs oscillate and dont keep the tyre in contact with the road, unless by scary he meens it steers where he doesnt want it to.

Oldschool Member

Im putting the s13 setup in my ke70 2morrow
    Will the standard ke brake lines go in2 a s13 master cylender??

Name
    Leigh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well she doesn't feel like the old hachi I used to know.
    I'm guessing I've got a bit of ironing out of al the probs, I'm having a stab here but I'm thinking the coilover springs are too stiff might see if I can find some that aren't so bone jarring.
    I've got a few ideas for getting the ride a little smoother but damn she screams through corners now so need a better seat I swear if I had the window open n my seatbelt off I'll fly straight out the window

I've got Gazelle stockies on her R15 x 195 x 50 I think they are can't remember

I wound up the coilovers coz I was scrubbing every little bump but this has made her even stiffer.
    I couldn't go to full lock so I bashed the guards flat and punished them with a mallet so they are flared out a little but the metal brake line mount piece is stil scrubbin on the inside so I'll have to grind it back some more.
    I'll try a little more caster and I've gotta get some toe out into the mix n see what I can do about the ride so she doesn't feel so skittish. Might try to drop the rear a litle to spread the weight a little more evenly as the steering wheel is way heavy with much more weight being sent to the front I thnk the rear is an inch or two higher than the front so I'll wind up the fronts a little more. n drop the rear a little if i can.

If anyone has an other ideas feel free to let me know what you think it's a whole bunch of trial and error so I'm open to suggestions.

I'm happy with the brakes though freakin massive difference and the front end sits so flat now it's beautiful.

I got custom Braided lines from Melbourne at a good price as the standard 86 stuff deosn't fit the ca18 calipers, can't wait til my bro upgrades I'll be getting his SR20 gear!!!!
    Leigh

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

is this leigh, as in the ae71 sr20 leigh?

Name
    John
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

anyone using the *A6* series ones (MA61, RA60, SA63 etc) rack ends in there setup?

im doing this conversion my self on my mz11 (suspension same as ma61) and i measured up the hole that the rack end goes into as about 1.5mm larger than the rack end taper.

has anyone used this set up successfully with out damaging the s13 steering knuckle?

also, im using SR brakes and im going to run my stock soarer wheels for the time been. so i need some spacers, how thick should i get them? 15mm?

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

i think you are getting rack ends confused with tie rod ends. you use RA60 rack ends (i have them in my rack no trouble) then you use a tie rod end to suite the S13 spindle. many people reccomend bluebird, this is what i have but i think the fit is pretty poor.

Name
    John
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

ahh thats fair enough, i guess theres always three names to anyone part when cars are involved

so s13 outter and ra60 inner

i was planning on doing that but with mz11 inner i.e. ma61 (same thing)

do you know the dimensions of the bluebird tie rod end, as in the part that goes into the knuckle?

Name
    Joel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I use RA40 Celica TIE ROD ENDS (AND SLEVES).

I'm not sure if these are different from RA60, but they are a good fit.
    AE86 4AGE "Slowly but surely"

Name
    Greg
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

narf. never mind

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast