Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: S13 coilovers into AE86

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

holy tolito, 18 pages of pure spam...nah just kidding. but seriously...

leigh: do you have base adjustment coilovers, and are your coilovers in decent condition, or are they stuffed? and how much have you wound it up?

you want to try and keep the piston of the shock absorber about half way up its stroke when its just sitting there (idle). when using s13 coilovers in ae/ke the coilover is considerably small. so you can either a) dump your car on its...bellly.. or wind up coilover heaps. if you dont have base adjustment your gonna have to wind up the spring seat up stacks. which will push the piston towards the top of its stroke. and if your coilovers are stuffed, then when you hit a bump the suspension will extend and the piston will reach maximum height, and big clunk as the piston slams against top of the shock assembly. enter ---> my current coilovers.

im getting mine rebuilt this week, and gonna wind it down a bit, after a bit of guard massaging.which should place the piston closer to the centre of its stroke.

one hint i can give you all. KEI office coilovers appear to be the longest out of all the s13 ones. considerably longer than my JIC. problem is KEI office ones are AWESOME so they cost a bit. but in my oppinion its worth it to get proper adjustment out of them.
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah i ran KEI office and they had the ability to go a lot higher. i've since seen other coilovers used and they have been maxxed out heightwise and are still SLAMMED AS

Oldschool Member

Haha! My GAB's are like that but they were only $100 so i can't complain

Name
    Leigh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Nup this is Leigh as in
    ADM
    AE86
    4AC
    CA18 brakes
    S13 conversion front end
    Camry Radiator and thermo's
    S12 Gazelle rims
    Pressure pack black Panda try hard coz I couldn't afford to get all the bog n rust fixed properly
    with an uncracked dash
    and a dodgy gardn edge front lip
    Who loves a good key banger
    I'm that Leigh

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hahahha... ok.

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

sorry about asking this question, but my internet/computer has turned uuber slow and it takes at least 5-10 mins to fully load a page. but what bushes can be used so that i dont need to cut/shut anything? i would find it easier to be able to just press in some bushes than take like 2mm off shit or whatever it is

cheers

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

angle grinder + 4mins = your new bushes

dont worry about finding ones that fit properly, to much effort and if you measure the size bush you need with calipers, you can get it pretty accurate that it fits perfectly
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

starni boy: i have some control arms (standard ae86) that have been rose jointed and have ball joints to suite the s13 spindles that ill be selling soon. dont need to drill the xmember out and you get adjustability.

otherwise you can press magna balljoints into arms but its a major pain in the arse and the standard length arms give you very narrow track.

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

i might just make my own custom setup. there is a fair bit of custom work that im goin to do anyways so this should be easy anyways.

Trucka 115

just wondering if u have to use coilovers can u use stock s13 struts, thanks

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast