Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: S13 coilovers into AE86

Does anyone think I'll have problems using some front S13 Tein coilovers? I've been reading around and asking a few people and they say to go with HKS because they are the longest.
    I don't want the car to sit crazily low which I've heard some coilovers will do even when fully adjusted?

He's asking $450 for the fronts with cambertops, does that sounds alright?

Also I have been talking to someone who did the conversion in their car and they said the ONLY mod they needed was to re-drill the s13 LCA's? And the rest of the standard front end bolted up (with coilovers), does this sound right?

Anyone?

Bad Email Address

hey im halfway through my conversion im running ca brakes can i use my stock brake lines or so i need to use R31/s13??

thanks matt

Name
    Pete
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-=GOODY=- @ Nov 7 2007, 01:55 PM) </div>Tein aren't height adjustable. Hunt until you find some that are.

As for the LCA's, use s13/R32 castor rods and cut/redrill the bracket or make an adapter. eliminates drilling the LCA, which is terrible as it leaves a tiny amount of metal on the control arm for the castor rod to aleviate it's force onto. re-read this thread for photos, and you'll see.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mattie @ Nov 8 2007, 10:52 PM) </div>

i've got height adjustable tein coilovers, so they might work, the only thing is, i think i have bluebird LCA's coz i went to get my mates s13 one and teh castro rod mounts on way different, and i thought that they were longer, but i measured them and i got 40mm from end to end, but i have like no camber at all, which annoys me, coz i want camber, but i think my top strut hole thing is adjusted all teh way positve, so i'll suss that out, any ideas bout the LCA's though?

Name
    Adam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

its been mentioned that the brake master cylinder doesnt need to be upgraded when using ca18 brakes up front, im just unsure whether this assumes drum brakes on rear. would an upgrade be needed if disc brakes were on the rear and ca18 ones were put up front?

I'm still hunting for a set of coilovers but atm I've got very large hilux drums on the rear and my master cylinder is too small. I've bought a 180SX master cylinder but it has 3 holes instead of the two that my ke70 has..???

How do I go about fitting/making this work?

Name
    Brad
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-=GOODY=- @ Nov 23 2007, 09:47 AM) </div>you neet a rb20 skyline without abs for a bolt in replacement.

not sure about the 180sx one?

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaibeecee @ Nov 13 2007, 01:04 PM) </div>Tein aren't height adjustable. Hunt until you find some that are.

As for the LCA's, use s13/R32 castor rods and cut/redrill the bracket or make an adapter. eliminates drilling the LCA, which is terrible as it leaves a tiny amount of metal on the control arm for the castor rod to aleviate it's force onto. re-read this thread for photos, and you'll see.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mattie @ Nov 8 2007, 10:52 PM) </div>[/b][/quote]

mate youve been smoking too many drugs. those coilovers in the pic are hight adjustable, thats what the helper springs are for, so the springs stay captive when you dump it.

only use s13 castor rods if you feel like using rose jointed rods. use mx62 cressida LCA's if you want to stick with the toyota tech. your castor arm will align with it, all you will need to do is file out one of the holes in the LCA a tiny bit, you will see what i meen when you get there - no biggie.

use s13/r31/pintara etc nissan flexible hose if you can help it as it meens you dont have to take the caliper off to screw the line in.

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i have this setup in my car and its goin great, but i want to get rid of some of the track, so i can have less negative camber without the tyres sticking out of the guards.

i know this Q has been asked before, but its hard to get straight answers.

does anyone know of a replacement LCA that is shorter than the S13 item?

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast