Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: S13 coilovers into AE86

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yes, stock ae86 arms with magna balljoints.

do you have to flare your guards to run this setup? I have 15x8 on the front of my ae86 if that helps with the answer

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

depends on the offset but almost certainly.

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hoping someone has done this

i want to do s13 conversion using sigma control arms

i know this is possible but do u have to change ball joint to fit in s13 hub????

i have balljoints in there atm that will fit into ae86 steering arm

and does it give the same track increase as using a s13 LCA?

also what brakes to use to fit 14 inch rim

in the article it just says CA or SR

there are turbo and non turbo variations of both yeah????

i need to know what brakes to use just ca18 non turbo to be safe or can i go bigger???
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

No difference between turbo and NA brakes. But CA are smaller (check DBA catalogue for size) and fit under 14s. SR brakes are bigger, 280mm disc, and so require 15s.

S13 LCA is 20mm longer than Sigma IIRC. Check the "lower control arm database" (or similar) thread on Toymods. It's all in there. Your balljoints will not fit. S13 balljoint taper is way bigger than AE86 and Sigma taper. Though I've heard rumour you can press an S13 balljoint into Sigma arms. Unconfirmed though.

All this info is already out there. Have a dig through the FAQ here and Toymods for more coverage.

Hen

Name
    Charles
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I'm assuming this would all fit the same into a ae71? I have s13 gear in my r31 with teins which are base height adjustable, so I would need the ae86 camber plates? what else?
    Are there many associated complications cause not being all that mechanically minded I don't really want to have a whole heap of head fucks down the track. But at the moment it seems to be a far better option than ae86 stuff for the price

Name
    Louis
    State
    victoria
    Country
    australia

I am currently doing this swap on my 86 but I wanted to ask and see if anyone has done this with the AW11 manual rack conversion as well? Would I have to use the same rack ends as specified? Or could I use the ae86 ones since the AW11 rack seems to be longer? I wanted to get some aftermarket inner and outer tie rods but i'm not sure which will fit with the AW11 rack and s13 suspension conversion. Any help would be much appreciated!

Bad Email Address

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jdmride @ May 16 2008, 07:48 AM) </div>I know q guy that did this and used AW11 MR2 inner rack ends and S13 tierod ends so i guess you could use the same and get after market s13 tierods ends

Oldschool Member

hey guys
    I'm doing this at the moment
    i bought a full set of new s13 coilovers and sold the rears and the camber tops so ended up pretty cheap!
    do i use bluebird inner or outer rod ends?

Name
    Benn
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munt @ Jun 6 2008, 12:36 PM) </div>can be a little loose, i used AW11 inners and S13 outers, works a treat.

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast