Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: S13 coilovers into AE86

got it aligned today...got camber set to 2.5 which is more then u think...now it rubs on guards real bad...getting guards flared (read : hammering out guards) tommorow but all in all its pretty damn good there is no chance for any rubbing anywhere except guards so im pretty happy...probably up for some 8 inch wheels on the front soon as soon as its all sorted...btw people at alighnment places will look at you funny if u ask for like 6 deg camber...

hey gilly, how much travel do u get out of your coilovers...do u basically have to set them to max height to get the car up enough to not be in the guards?

Adam

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yep not far off full, go back to the first couple of pages you can see it there.

8kg springs = not much movement so travel not a huge issue, however seeing you asked i have no shit about 2 inches of shockie travel before it his the coilover bumpstop, so more than enough.

So stomp,

Does your current 2.5 deg of camber make use of the slotted upper mounting hole in the coilover? Or are the two coilover mount bolts in their normal position and the camber adjusted only with the strut top?

Thanks
    Hen

yeah coilie is pulled out to minimum camber setting then adjusted with strut top hat...i dont think its on full adjustment either...i still havent driven the car for any significant ammount of time as it rubs real bad....but ill post after today because i should have it finished tonite...

Adam

Thanks Adam. That sorts out some questions I still had.

Hen

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

did anyone change wheel studs at all? from nissan to toyota ones? i just want to know which ones i should use. i don't have any toyota studs here to compare them with, can someone tell me if they look like they'll fit.

Name
    Jeremy
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Straya

Gilly, the studs will be able to be changed and in my opinion Toyota has better thread pitch at 12x1.50, as it is courser and its harder to cross thread. I had a stanza rally car and was changing a lot of wheels and fucked sooo many studs because of the finer thread at 12x1.25, being in a rush and all.

You can change to toyota and i would, as you will also have toyota all round again.

Name
    Joel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

^^^Werd up.

It sucks having different wheel nuts for the front and rear on a hachi.

Toyota studs FTW
    AE86 4AGE "Slowly but surely"

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

stomp, without going back through the thread cause my net is stuffed, are your coilovers adjustable height with the bottom mount, or only with the bottom spring perch? if only with the spring perch, are they all the way up just to give acceptable ride height?

Name
    Jeremy
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Straya

bottom brakcet height adjustable.

Means you can adjust the heaight and preload independantly. this style is FTW!!!!!

Jez

Oh and Kev, your internet is a phag.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast