Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: S13 coilovers into AE86

Name
    Michael
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Put 13 stuff in my 86 a few days ago. Including s13 arms. The holes have to be redrilled for castor rod and swaybar link, and inner bush crush tube grinded. It doesnt quite work with standard guards as the only way to make it drivable is to run stupid camber. I knew this but as with everything I do, I do it anyway.. The track increase is great, even with 15.6.5 +20. Not sure why you'd want to run the even longer cressida arms?.. What sort of camber are you hoping for with these?

For both types of arm you will have to drill holes for the caster rod. I thought you could reuse the swayar link hole on the S13 arms but may be wrong. Definitely needs redrilling on MX62.

I'm keen on MX62 due to the track increase. Camber will be adjusted to suit and guards flared as needed. Geometry problems could result but I'll look at that once assembled.

Hen

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

still slightly on topic, but does anyone have any links regards flaring front and rear guards on the ae86? i need to do both and havent even been able to find generic "how to's" on the net yet.
    ive seen a bit on this site regarding the rears, but more over the top than i was hoping for.

Name
    Jeremy
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Straya

SO Kev, I take it you saw Joels description of some of it in his members ride thread?

Jez

Jez

Jez

Jez

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

jez, yeah i read a bit in his thread, but i dont wanna go that far.
    see i put an E series in the rear (dont ask) and its increased the track enough that the tyres scrub the horizontal lip in the arches. and since i havent been arsed to fold the lip under yet, when i had a full car the left tyre has done its own form of flarring in that the crease visible outside the guard has been smoothed out by the tyre forcing the guard outwards as the diff is pushed across by the panhard rod. id post a pick but ive hijacked enough

mate talk about making this complicated.....give some people specific instructions and they write a book about asking how to ask questions....this thread needs to be locked down or like all the other info its gonna be burried under a pile of useless shite....and no one will ever find it again!!! argh!

stop being lazy people....read from the start of the post....but here is a quick run down

crush tube....metal tube that goes inside bush...bolt goes through it...prevents x-member or lca being "crushed" when u tighten it

now...onto the more complicated bit...ill go slow so every1 can keep up...i would draw diagrams but people will just query how to read them and what to open them with and another line of questions....

using s13 arm...u can get streatable camber but masive track increase...swaybar hole can be reused....one hole for the caster rod needs to be redrilled....the front one....just mark the bottom of the front caster rod stud with paint...then stick it in the rear hole and it marks front hole...easy...

now use whatever combo of steering components u wish...i used ra60 rack ends and early bluebird tie rod ends...all bolts up

thats all there is to it, please just try doiing this...its a lot easier when u just do it

btw here is some pix from last event....there is a couple of my car with the conversion done...u can see the increase in steering lock...and how i flared my guards, my car is the gold hatchi

thanx

Adam

sorry for being rude btw..just finished work, pm me if u want more info

Bad Email Address

sounds like a piece of kizake.......

Bad Email Address

Sound a whole lot easyier than I thought..

Julz01

Just so people knew the legalities of the conversion have to come into play because I know that In victoria that your are not able to modify the LCAs and still be road worthy with out having it engineered. I am looking in to this conversion and have collected a couple of parts for it but now im considering other wise as I do not want to get these installed and then have to take them back out because of a defect note. As drilling the hole in a lca is still a modification.

I know the majourity of people would have already thought of this or dont care but there would also be some people that might not have conidered this. Ill probably end up putting them in and then just changing later on down the track anyway or get them engineered

Dxaqta

dont get me wrong this setup will work but i believe an ae86 setup would be better

no i have not drive a car with this setup.... i was contemplating doing it.. i did research.....

an as for the adverse effects of it just have a think about what has to bee done to make it work

every action has an equal and opposite reaction

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast