Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: S13 coilovers into AE86

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

not unless you have a corona. and even then its very difficult.

Trucka 115

so with the sprinter they wont fit,
    is this beau cvets mate with the green rona

Oldschool Member

I just wanted to add my two cents, and believe me it was hard to find a combination that worked because here in the US the chassis codes are different and we don't even have half the cars you have.

Heres my setup on my AE86:

MX62 LCA's - Drilled holes for caster arm and sway bar (and the ball joint seated up just like you guys said)

S13 Hub and Brakes - Over here its the 240sx and has a KA24DE so the brakes maybe the same as the CA18DET/180sx as you guys

S13 Coilovers - Megan Racing Coilovers

S13 Tie Rod ends

AW11 Rack Ends

Now this was the toughest part because we don't have a "Bluebird" here in the States so I was going to the the RA60/RA40 setup, but remembered that when I converted to manual steering using the AW11 rack, it had extra long ends on it. I ended up finding out that the S13 ends thread right in and have plenty of adjustment.

I also need to do an alignment and the caster probably needs to be adjusted because the whole front suspension is centered about 1.5" forward of the original centerline, so my tires rub on the front bumper skirt. I am also running 14" 280zx rims.

Sprinter-Saurus

Nice work bajallama, where you from in the States ?!

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

with sprinters standard struts wont fit no-way.

i traded my green corona for beau's ae71

Oldschool Member

Im from Southern California, I really like this forum because out there you guys know your sh*t, all the forums in the US (Club 4AG, etc.), all there is are a bunch of amateurs wanting to know how to put a 20v in there 86 and asking if spark plugs add power. And im sure you guys get the same things a lot, but there is a lot richer knowledge to be had by all of you.

I'll put a profile of my car up soon, so you can check out all the details. I'm running a 3SGTE (Which is hard to get the parts to do it in the US) with an RA40 Celica supra rear end, Megasquirt, basically a junkyard car, Volvo Turbo Radiator, Mercedes Electric fan, Nissan turbo, Mazda throttle Body, the list goes on....

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yeah we'll be needing a thread on your car

Name
    Adam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

after reading meticulously through this thread (some posts more relevant than others) ive decided to go down the s13 suspension conversion route for my ae86. I've bought ra60 rack ends and 910 bluebird tie rods. still chasing ae86 camber tops, s13- hubs, brakes, LCAs and coilovers. will be keeping a keen eye on the parts for sale but if u stumble across this and have any of these specific parts plz pm. thanks to those guys for offering useful information regarding this conversion, cant wait to feel the difference!

Adam

AHAHAHAHAAHAHA AHAHAHA that is one of the funnier things ever.

Bad Email Address

my ke70 install s13 coilover. the car is extremely low.... how to solve this problem

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast