Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ideal computer?4agte..

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

plus, seeing as youre running turbo, it is possible to take advantage of the adaptive mode to some degreee too. i.e self tune.

Name
    Jason
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Bad things about competition tuning.???

Every shop gets there fair share of ppl that aren't happy...
    I've used Justin a few times.. so has quite a few ppl I know... Many of them with cars thats make over 400whp and no ones ever had a problem with him....

Having absolutly no experiance with Adaptronics. I can't coment on them..
    But they do seem to be a perfect fit for a 4a from what I'm been hearing...

Johl.... just sounds like his cold start wasn't tuned properly...
    Most shops don;t touch it. Just leave it how Microtech set it up...
    Its usually not to bad... But you can never get a 1 size fits all withs cars...
    Apparently the base maps are exactly the same when you buy a Microtech for 4 cyclinder... No difference in the Base tune from a 4a to a SR20...
    Only learned that the other day... Bit sceptical about it though...

Name
    Jason
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I just wired a Microtech onto my car...
    Should be running as soon as my Dissy gets here...

Let you guys know how it all goes...

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

As long as the ECU has the features you want it ultimately comes down to the tuner.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    John
    State
    Nsw
    Country
    Au

im running an ems stinger on my 4agte... it seems to run pretty well, although i have not been to any track days or anything, but yeah... for as long as i have had it running on the road and been thrashing it, there have been no problems with the setup.
    what actually make an ecu better??? lets try and leave the super technical info out, and keep it real time... what will define a good computer to the end user straight away at first drive???
    kiss ass like a bitch, so you can get ritch... but your boss gets ritcher of you!!!!

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I've got a 4agze with a t04b hanging off the side of it.. I'm Running an Adaptronic with 1zz coils and getting 220hp at the wheels on a moderate boost.. Super reliable and works like a treat, Never fouls plugs and runs perfectly..

Bang 4 Buck = the Adaptronic. Like Dimitri said, $1200 and its a great unit, Any tuner can tune them as their package is easy to use and alot like other ones to avoid confusion..

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Exactly!!!

i bet all u guys saying that certain brand ECU's r crap house have never had any personal experience tuning them, i bet all your comments are just hear say. like the shit spoken around a camp fire after a few beer's

all ECU's have their own pro's and cons, and the outcome in the end all depends on how well your tuner knows the system at hand and how experienced he/she is.

ive seen haltech ecu run many cars with great success, each tuning session is going to have its share off issues that need to be overcome i just dont get why some of you guys persist on talking rubbish.

Cotts - just buy an ecu that has the functions you need that is in your budget, simple as that really. haltech, microtec, adapt, EMS, motec, MS, autronic, just do some research on the manufactures options available and read some.

Senior Member Hen may possibly be a nut's Avatar
    Name
    Hen
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

^^^^ Amen.

If the computer you choose does the things you want it to do, then it's up to the tuner.

What sets the top end (exspensive) stuff apart is the ability to do fancy stuff, like datalogging of extra sensors, closed loop cruise, VVTi control, cruise control etc... And frankly there are very few Sprinters that require that sort of thing.

Another good approach is to download the manuals and tuning programs (usually free) for each type of ECU and have a play with it yourself, you should get an idea of how easy they are to work with, and if not then you'll get some free education anyway.

Hen

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

thing is. the adaptronic can do some of that "fancy" stuff too.

dual constant variable cam timing control? (beams) no problem.

haltech cant. micro cant. not that the same price point as the adap' anyway.

same deal as the closed loop functions. the adap is way advanced there too.

there is not really any reason to look past it. its cheap and good. it just comes in a bit of an ugly case, thats about the only way to fault it.

the only other reason youd consider something else, is if you were in RedWorks situation, where you have a long relationship with a shop/tuner, who prefers a different brand. that, or youre somewhere with not a lot of dyno tuning options, and theyre scared of something new(in the case that they hadnt touched adap' before, which is becoming much less of a common situation).

Name
    Marko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

slightly off topic,
    but i got my microtech ltx8 2nd hand a while ago with a n/a 16v base map, it's now a 4agte 16v so it should be all sweet when the tuner gets it??
    and i'll second that a shop makes very little on the sale of a microtech. Microtech basically told me "you make the money when you tune it". shame im not a tuner haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast