Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Radiator Hoses

Name
    Andrew
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Went to repco to get myself some new radiator hoses, and was suprised to find that the AE86 had a listing.

Somehow the company that repco gets there hoses from managed to find a FWD AE86 so the hoses were all wrong...

so now i am wondering what people have used when they got new hoses.

Name
    Andrew
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

OH... for a JDM Bigport motor btw.

Bad Email Address

same top hose an AE86.. the 4AC one.. cut it down a little.. you'll see what i mean..

and the bottom hose i just got a length with the spiral spring inside.. and more recently joined 2 together with a peice of pipe from the back of the water pump on a FWD setup..

but the AE86 4AC bottom hose is pretty much the same to the AE86 4AGE hose.. the top one is slightly different.. but in 3 seconds you can make it fit.. the bottom one is slightly longer to go round the alternator..

Name
    Andrew
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

That's what i thought... but the listing that they have for a 4ac sprinter is actually a fwd AE82 listing (they have the same part number) so the hoses are way to long, and the shape is also way off.

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I'd just get the sizes of your needed hose diameter, and measure the distances u need to cover, then go to somewhere like supercheap that have a whole heap of generically shaped piping... and go from there. That's if you can't find a text-book solution. It's pretty easy to do it that way I imagine. Might be easier in theory than practice though, so heed caution.
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i'll be using the universal ones matty's talking about, mostly due to the fact i will be running a CA radiator, they look neat enough, supeerchep stocks them for like $15 ea from memory.

Bad Email Address

heh the only problem with finding a generic one, is, usually they're tucked away under a desk inboxes or in a back room, they'll often look at you like an idiot when you say "I'm not quite sure which part im after, but i'll know it when I see it!"

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Heh, not at the supercheap here granto. They're actually the opposite. They're on open shelves in one of the far back corners of the shop, so no one can see you look like an idiot when you're measuring them up with the piece of string that was closest to hand when you were under the car trying to figure out how much piping you needed.
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Bad Email Address

oh that's awesome..

maybe i should go into a supercheapone day instead of bursons..

hmm..

but they're so scummy inside

Bad Email Address

on the contrary i hate repco and the like.. for little things like filters/oil/wiper blades/rad hoses etc.. cos they keep everything behind the counter! i like supercheap because you can just walk along the shelfs with a few mesurments for say.. a pair of rear AE86 shocks.. that you need 80mm shorter stroke.. you just open box after box till you find what you need.. if you know what you need.. the book is right there to cross reference the part number.. simple..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast