Thread: Brake problem.

Default Brake problem.

Hello all,

Over the past few days i had pushed the pistons out of the wheel cylinders in my borgie diff resulting with brake fluid everywhere on 3 seperate occasions. Maybe because they were a little bit old (20 years lol) Since then have both been replaced with new ones. I now cannot seem to get a good pedal feel anymore with the brakes fully bled with no air in them at all. I have checked all the lines and nipples and everything is tight but seem to keep getting an air leak somewhere. Could it be a stuffed master cylinder? or booster? Anyone else had this problem or that could help out?

Cheers,

Alex

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

The brake shoes at the rear have to be adjusted up so they are just touching the drum a little, even with the handbrake off.

To do it properly, loosen the handbrake cable at the handbrake lever in the car, with handbrake off. Adjust the shoes at the rear so they are just scraping on the drum. Adjust handbrake cable at the lever, so it pulls up to about 5 or 6 clicks. Bleed brakes.

Name
    steve
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

jonny is right, about needing to adjust the year pads. but you can do this by repeatedly pulling the handbrake as they are self adjusting pads but if they are old and full of dust and muck it wont work so well so just get ur hands dirty.

i dont know how to tell you, but if the pedal doesnt feel good, then you didnt bleed the brake well. so i would start again and rethink how/what you did. that or pay a pro to do it (its only like $30).

-dan
    gunner:
    You're a fucking idiot, and I am ashamed that you are part of this community. Sure there isn't many tracks, but praticing on the street isn't the alternative.

Grow the fuck up you little JDM whore
    ALL DRIFT MODIFICATIONS
    for all your drift modification needs

Cheers guys, ill give it a shot.

Alex

Name
    Lawrence
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

You may possibly have fucked your wheel cylinders too. In which case look for any leaking fluid around the drums.

Cant seem to figure the problem out. Fluid is escaping somewhere. Wheel cylinders ive checked and they are fine. Keep loosing fluid and pressure.

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I was told of one case where the fluid leaked out of the back of the master, into the brake booster, then thru the vacuum line into the motor, and out the exhaust. However this would be very rare. A story saved for the lunchroom. The guy would drive along, and every time he put his foot on the brake smoke came out the exhaust. Not sure if it's true or not.

ha ha ha that would suck!
    Finaly sorted the problem. Well for the moment anyway. Ill see if anotha wheel cylinder pops. Cheers

alex