Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: trying to buy my first ae86

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

expect to spend lots of money and be poor forever......

yeah thats a cheap ae86 for $3500

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

you dont seem to really understand the mechanics of buying an old modified car.

they dont want to supply you a rwc. not because theyre dodgy, but because it is just not the way its done. you can buy the car, at a steal, for $3500. then, if you get the rwc yourself, probably have it on the road for another $600-$1000 including a few small repairs it might need for someone to be happy to give you a rwc.

but if they supply you a rwc with the car, then the car has to be 100% legit, and to be honest, with any car, this is a ridiculous amount of repairs, things like tears in seats, small specs of rust, every joint/bushes, absolutely no oil leaks ect ect. otherwise no rwc bloke will do it. selling a car with a rwc means, that if its not fully road worthy, the buyer has the right to chase up any further repairs needed to make it trully roadworthy with the seller/rwc guy.

ae86s that would pass this type of inspection are $10000+. so all of a sudden you cant actually afford and ae86 anymore, and you probably dont want one. as for that money, theyre not such a great deal. when you can get a boosted, coilied, lsd'd sr s13 for less.

on the other hand, if you buy the car, get it home, and then get a mobile rwc dude to come give you a safety cert, he can be lenient, as he knows that youre not going to come back to him later claiming the car isnt rw and he hasnt done his job properly. as he has done you a favor, to get your car on the road a bit cheaper, pretty much all he will want is to make sure your car is basically safe.
    Last edited by slydar; 17th March 2009 at 09:23 PM.

well i gotta take the day of work so im losing money strate away..i thought its fair

Name
    Ayden
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

you cant buy a car especially an ae86 for cheap and excpet it to be 100% rw as the majority of them arent anyway.

think of it as if you buy one that is cheap it just leaves you more money with fixing the rest up!

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

lol. they seller does not need to compensate you for your day off work. thats ridiculous.

theyve already knocked $1000 of their asking price. you can try to screw them more, but at least try to do it for a legit reason.

Name
    Ayden
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

expect to take a few more days off if it will be your daily and regular use! haha
    Last edited by trueno85; 17th March 2009 at 10:13 PM.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

bought my ae86 for $3800, shell needs to be cut and weld to have no rust, came with 4age, best buy ever, expect to much means pay more money =]

i can see that ur new to the forum?...lol welcome to ae86dc, i do hope u pick the car up though, sounds like a good buy
    dose

Bad Email Address

i paid $1500 for my adm 86 with a 4AC and it has rust but i just bogged it up for the road worthy and now i am slowly cutting the rust out and welding. ill get there

Name
    Rob
    State
    Waikato
    Country
    New Zealand

Buy it man! People are paying roughly 5-6k for ae85 with a 4age over here in New Zealand. You wont regret it..
    Loud Pedal Assassin

Name
    Pete
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

shit. brains. are. melting.

here, have some of these man. take as many as you like.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ...............................................

it's probably just best to ask how low they'll go outright. being upfront can go a long way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast