Thread: 4age carby setup

Oldschool Member

yello was thinking about a 4age carby setup using gsxr750 carbs or hayabusa 1300cc ones
    has anyone done this? what did u do for spark setup? modify a dizzy or use a ecu setup?
    i pulled a dizzy apart today and with work it can be done, any ideas.
    any help and link would be nice thanks

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

busa's are fuel injected.

gixxer's are now too, though earlier 750s and 1300s (which is what a busa is really, gsxr1300) are carby. oe bike carbs are called vac slides and they can be made to work on car engines, its been done before. some are more suitable than others.

you really need to do your reasearch, and its not really that easy to get ahold of good imformation.

theres a place called boss side cars here in brisbane, who said hell supply, then i go away and fit, and they he'll get them half sorted for me (running driveable tune) for $600.

the carbs themselves can be had though for around $150 or less.

you need to run about 2-3psi fuel pressure max.

as for ignition you can adapt any dizzy you like with a little machining. you can keep the stock dizzy too, but you need a standalone ignition ecu, haltech used to make one but i dont think they do anymore. there is an aussie company called delta digital who produce one currently for about $300, they have a sight.. i think it delta-max.com.au

it seems like youre on the right track already but dont confuse this set up with FCR's. fcrs are not an original equipment carb like some people think, theyre aftermarket. what youre proposing to do is cheaper, but realistically even harder to set up then an FCR, as OE carbs are not intended to be tuneable.
    78's

Bad Email Address

a few places also sell manifolds to run twin webbers, or the same pattern as 45 webbers, like 40mm dual solexes.. like the 18R-G's/2T-G's had.. if you found the bike carbs to be not the best option.

Oldschool Member

thanks for tne info slydar.
    the very first bussa were carby. only a limited no were sold in oz so i now they would be hard to come by. i think i will go for a weber setup now insteed of bike carbs

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Theres probably some other useful info in other old threads if you do a search.

grassworkzgarage

you should really opt to use some thing more along the lines of a makuni semi flat side or a kei hin semi flat slide as parts are more avalible but you could maybe pic up a good set of real flatteez like cbr 4 $600 & FCR out of the question unless you got heaps of bones$$$ and an already hardcore tuned engine to keep up with them! ether way be prepared to be tuning and hands on with your engine dude