Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: AE86 + EVO engine

Bad Email Address

The car never went to IRS. When the americans say celica supra rear end, they mean MA47 F-series.

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Oh fair enough, those damn Americans

I'm with you too rthy, I have found that single cam isn't quite as bad as everything makes out..

Bad Email Address

aha my old thread.

Well what happen was.

Used a different 2.4 van block, destroked. Could not get it engineered, also the chassis needed attention so I sold it and sold the engine.

I bough another ae86, this time its ls2 twin turbo... stay tuned.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Oct 28 2007, 12:53 PM) </div>Better put your fire retardent jacket on, you're about to get flamed.....

Not only are you going to have something with an unuseable amount of power, you're going to ruin the car doing it.

Wanker

Bad Email Address

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (medwin46 @ Oct 29 2007, 08:26 AM) </div>Better put your fire retardent jacket on, you're about to get flamed.....

Not only are you going to have something with an unuseable amount of power, you're going to ruin the car doing it.

Wanker
    [/b][/quote]

Explain your retarded theory please. :blink:
    This forum is full of weirdos.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Oct 29 2007, 08:31 AM) </div>Better put your fire retardent jacket on, you're about to get flamed.....

Wanker
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Not full of weirdos, the weirdos just speak up more often than the rest of us!

Some people would say putting anything other than a 4A in a AE86 is ruining it, but some of us appreciate other peoples ideas.

Twin turbo V8 AE86, not my cup of tea, but it an interesting idea and I would like to see the result, keep us posted!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparkle86 @ Oct 29 2007, 08:59 AM) </div>Better put your fire retardent jacket on, you're about to get flamed.....

Wanker
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Not full of weirdos, the weirdos just speak up more often than the rest of us!

Some people would say putting anything other than a 4A in a AE86 is ruining it, but some of us appreciate other peoples ideas.

Twin turbo V8 AE86, not my cup of tea, but it an interesting idea and I would like to see the result, keep us posted!!
    [/b][/quote]

I myself have been flamed for my approach to my own conversion. I have a 3sgte in my AE86 (for those who dont know, its toyota's 2 litre twin cam turbo from the gt4 celica) and it was enough of a headache. To fit a ls2 in there you're gonna have to do something incredible as far as modding the engine bay, firewall, etc. A standard ls2 puts out 300kw easily, twin turbo's are up around the 440kw! Have you considered the following: How are you going to deliver that power to the ground? Drivetrain, clutch, transmission, diff, and lastly tyres are all goin to fail without you spending $$$$$$$$$$$$ on upgrading these areas, in what is quite essentially a 25yr old corolla!! You're going to add a heap of weight over the fron end, which in turn will reduce the weight distributuion to the rear end, and probably result in you sitting in the one spot either through lack of traction or breaking whatever fails first in your drivedtrain. If you really want a v8 in an ae86, why not toyota's own v8, matched to the supra gearbox etc. Heaps of torque, not adding all the weight, and a hell of a lot cheaper too.

I think the people who are so hung up on the 4a motor are stuck in the past. Yeah they're a ripper motor, but to say that 86's should only have a hard revving na 1600 in them or else its ruined just showes people's ignorance and misconception.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Like I said its not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate the work that is going into such a conversion and will enjoy viewing the results.

Calling someone a Wanker for the way they choose to mod there car is a bit anti social dont you think?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparkle86 @ Oct 29 2007, 10:20 AM) </div>Its not practical is my point. Anyone who knows anything about these cars and why they are so popular would know that a twin turbo ls2 is WAY WAY over the top. There is my point, more than likely a 16 yr old kid who 1) doesnt have a car anyway and 2) wouldn't have the $20k needed to make the conversion work.... filling our site with shit that WILL NEVER get done anyway. If you consider power to weight ratios and the effect that putting a 6L v8 and it's 6 speed gearbox, it's 10 plate clutch, some 12 inch diff and 15 inch wide tyres to deliver the power it'll be making to the ground has on these you would see that you are much better off sticking to the original train of thought with the 86 and keep it light, power up a bit and have a very practical car. Josh Young's v8 does not weigh much more than a 4a engine, is mated to a supra box (from memory) and is reliable, torquey and in the car without hacking it to pieces....

I actually got a price for a twin turbo kit for a monaro as i plan on doing one next for my daily... $18000 for the full bolt on turbo kit, twin turbo kit that is. Add an ls2 to that and all the mods needed to get it to function in an early 80's cult classic and you're looking at a $35000 corolla.... show me your money and i'll build you a far better car for 1/3 the price.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Thats your opinion and thats ok. Some would say a 3S in an AE86 is over the top, but it depands on what you want to do.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast