Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: AE86 + EVO engine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparkle86 @ Oct 29 2007, 11:45 AM) </div>A 3s is a mere 8kg's heavier than a 4a. It will make ample power without straining the motor. It will not screw up any of the car's handling characteristics. It requires no body mods to fit in the 86. In my opinion it is the opitmum conversion for the 86 as far as useable power is concerned, but as you said that is my opinion.

The point i was making is that anyone with a brain will think about an ls2 conversion and think themselves out of it for obvious reasons. Its simply some kid with an 'awesome' idea and no mechanical understanding or know-how talking shit. Yes, its an awesome idea on paper, but it will not work. Like i said, you can build a far supierior car for 1/3 the cost.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Superior? It all depends on the end use. It could be a drag car, a burnout car, or even a space framed sports sedan. Not everyone has the same expectations from their cars.

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

3sg is a great conversion, turbo or not, but an ls2 is just plain fucking retarted, its probably wouldn't even fit between the rails, really no point in the conversion unless you are a ae86 hater and just want to hack it up and wreck it , heres an idea got get a dirty old ke70 and try it with that same engine bay setup as an ae86 so go do it and see how much u need to hack it up to fit a big filthy commodore engine in it then stand back, take a look and see how much u would have wrecked an 86 by doing it to it
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Name
    Pete
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

can't you kids respect others decisions? who cares if you think it is crap or not.

put up or shut up. it's his decision - respect it.

4g63 is arguably the most refined 2.0L 4-cyl engine in production. think of it as a more up-to-date 4A. it has infinitely more potential. companies like HKS choose the 4g over a SR, so that says something.

i'm weighing the financials of doing a 4g63 myself actually...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaibeecee @ Oct 29 2007, 12:35 PM) </div>We're not arguing over that anyway, the ls2 twin turbo idea is copping a bashing though!!!

Name
    Aaron
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dr1ft-pig @ Oct 29 2007, 12:15 PM) </div>
    Oh, no doubt a 3sge or gte is a great conversion. What I hate is they way that when someone suggests something a bit left of center they get jumped on by people that think they know better. You can state your opinion with out name calling and beating sombody down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparkle86 @ Oct 29 2007, 01:04 PM) </div>What we hate is dreamerrs coming on here pretending to be loaded with cash and all these brilliant ideas, that in real terms are not going to heppen for any number of reasons. We see it time and time again, people posting up these ideas fro brilliant conversions they're gonna do, a few months later we see the same person posting questions like 'how do i connect the throttle cable up in my ae86 4age conversion..." Im all for doing something outside the box, take a look at my build, every aspect of the car is the opposite to the traditional 86 style be it wheels, interior, brakes, whatever, its all different and i got abused forever about it, but at the end of the day my conversion is practical and do-able. A ls2 twin turbo 86 would be wicked, i'll watch out for his build up thread....

Name
    Blair
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

baha more! more!

Name
    Aaron
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (medwin46 @ Oct 29 2007, 01:41 PM) </div>What we hate is dreamerrs coming on here pretending to be loaded with cash and all these brilliant ideas, that in real terms are not going to heppen for any number of reasons. We see it time and time again, people posting up these ideas fro brilliant conversions they're gonna do, a few months later we see the same person posting questions like 'how do i connect the throttle cable up in my ae86 4age conversion..." Im all for doing something outside the box, take a look at my build, every aspect of the car is the opposite to the traditional 86 style be it wheels, interior, brakes, whatever, its all different and i got abused forever about it, but at the end of the day my conversion is practical and do-able. A ls2 twin turbo 86 would be wicked, i'll watch out for his build up thread....
    [/b][/quote]

Na what we hate is people that always think that their way is best and no one else has any idea!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparkle86 @ Oct 29 2007, 02:47 PM) </div>Im sorry to be the one to tell you mate, but honestly anyone intending on putting a twin turbo 6L v8 in an 80's cult classic corolla DOESNT HAVE ANY IDEA!!!!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast