Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: AE86 + EVO engine

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (medwin46 @ Oct 29 2007, 03:25 PM) </div>Im sorry to be the one to tell you mate, but honestly anyone intending on putting a twin turbo 6L v8 in an 80's cult classic corolla DOESNT HAVE ANY IDEA!!!!!
    [/b][/quote]

so true, ls2 is going way over the top and as i stated before there would be no car left afterwards, the fuckin thing wouldn't fit between the rails let alone the strut towers, u may be able to get it in there but theres no way your gonna be able to run a brake booster or even fit a set of headers on it at that

so why dont you think things through a little more before u say something silly like that agian, not having a dig just saying you would have to be retarted to even think of trying to do that :2thumbs:
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Bad Email Address

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (medwin46 @ Oct 29 2007, 09:22 AM) </div>Better put your fire retardent jacket on, you're about to get flamed.....

Not only are you going to have something with an unuseable amount of power, you're going to ruin the car doing it.

Wanker
    [/b][/quote]

Explain your retarded theory please. :blink:
    This forum is full of weirdos.
    [/b][/quote]

Not full of weirdos, the weirdos just speak up more often than the rest of us!

Some people would say putting anything other than a 4A in a AE86 is ruining it, but some of us appreciate other peoples ideas.

Twin turbo V8 AE86, not my cup of tea, but it an interesting idea and I would like to see the result, keep us posted!!
    [/b][/quote]

I myself have been flamed for my approach to my own conversion. I have a 3sgte in my AE86 (for those who dont know, its toyota's 2 litre twin cam turbo from the gt4 celica) and it was enough of a headache. To fit a ls2 in there you're gonna have to do something incredible as far as modding the engine bay, firewall, etc. A standard ls2 puts out 300kw easily, twin turbo's are up around the 440kw! Have you considered the following: How are you going to deliver that power to the ground? Drivetrain, clutch, transmission, diff, and lastly tyres are all goin to fail without you spending $$$$$$$$$$$$ on upgrading these areas, in what is quite essentially a 25yr old corolla!! You're going to add a heap of weight over the fron end, which in turn will reduce the weight distributuion to the rear end, and probably result in you sitting in the one spot either through lack of traction or breaking whatever fails first in your drivedtrain. If you really want a v8 in an ae86, why not toyota's own v8, matched to the supra gearbox etc. Heaps of torque, not adding all the weight, and a hell of a lot cheaper too.

I think the people who are so hung up on the 4a motor are stuck in the past. Yeah they're a ripper motor, but to say that 86's should only have a hard revving na 1600 in them or else its ruined just showes people's ignorance and misconception.
    [/b][/quote]

If I could put a v12 in a lotus elise I would, have you ever seen an old boxy renault with twin turbo v6 competing in b class rally? I have and they drive like go-karts.

The rest of your comments are shit, what your really saying is gee, I wish I had a deep wallet like his.

"How are you going to deliver that power to the ground?" Easy, its callled throttle control, have you ever seen footage of old f1 cars, they had 1.4ltr with a truck turbo making 1,000 horsepower.

"If you really want a v8 in an ae86, why not toyota's own v8, matched to the supra gearbox etc. Heaps of torque, not adding all the weight, and a hell of a lot cheaper too."
    Why not a nissan? Or ford?

And also your comment about turbos making 140 kw, goes to show your nothing than a keyboard warrior.

Bad Email Address

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dr1ft-pig @ Oct 29 2007, 05:37 PM) </div>Im sorry to be the one to tell you mate, but honestly anyone intending on putting a twin turbo 6L v8 in an 80's cult classic corolla DOESNT HAVE ANY IDEA!!!!!
    [/b][/quote]

so true, ls2 is going way over the top and as i stated before there would be no car left afterwards, the fuckin thing wouldn't fit between the rails let alone the strut towers, u may be able to get it in there but theres no way your gonna be able to run a brake booster or even fit a set of headers on it at that

so why dont you think things through a little more before u say something silly like that agian, not having a dig just saying you would have to be retarted to even think of trying to do that :2thumbs:
    [/b][/quote]

Lol Another I ratherhave 20v than a ze.

Im not running a brake booster. I cant wait to hear another retarded question.

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

no its "i have to have a 20v rather than a ze"

again think things through before you say something

i did a 20v conversion because of a few reasons

1 in nsw i am restricted to an n/a vehicle till i get off my p's (2 yrs)

2 my 20v came free with my car therefore, i put it in

in the end though i like the revviness of the 20v, i have driven both 4agze and 20 both in sprinters and to be honest i did like the gze's amazing torque down low, but on the other hand i just love a motor i can rev the shit out of and make power up in the high rev range which the gze doesnt have

and retarted questions??? i think the only retarted question being asked here is the question about a retarted conversion which is an LS2 into a sprinter
    MY JZX83 (clicky)

Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Banned
    Name
    andrew

just for arguments sake and hey this is ae86driving club my ze made good power to 8750rpm, i do like the 20v but i dont think it has anything on the gze i meen whats the point of revving it if its not going to do anything.

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

the one i drove had a stock ecu, i which case rev limiter would be around the same as a jdm bigport and thats around the 7500 mark

also was the gze stock???

obviously it had an aftermarket or tweaked ecu
    MY JZX83 (clicky)

Banned
    Name
    andrew

yeh it had microtech, headwork but std cams, 10psi and fmic.

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

mmm yeah more boost would help, though the one i drove really had nothing above 7000
    MY JZX83 (clicky)

Banned
    Name
    andrew

ah ok i cant remember what my was like standard but prolly the same(crap after 7k), fmic and ecu is wot did it tho.

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hey, has anybody noticed how both the engine conversion threads are going to shit?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Oct 29 2007, 09:55 PM) </div>And you know what mate, you don't really have a leg to stand on here.

So i'm going to spell out the hard facts, and even correct all the bullshit in that last post of yours.

The 'Boxy old Renault' you refer to is actually the Renault 5 Turbo II. and did NOT feature a mid mount V6. It had a 1.4L OHV Turbo 4cyl.
    The car that featured your mid mount V6 was the MG Metro 6R4. and it was NOT twin turbo. 3000cc NA V6.

It doesn't matter how absolutely amazing your throttle control with your right foot, you are going to have trouble putting that power to the ground. You know the F1 cars from the turbocharged era ran SLICK tires up to 14" wide? No doubt their skills (including throttle control) have a great deal to do with it, but these cars are set up to a point that is far beyond the reach of any of us, including you.

Take note, there IS such a thing as too much power for a platform.

Oh, and calling the turbochargers that were used in F1 'Truck turbos' does not do them any justice.

As for the Toyota v Nissan v Ford debate:

There is NO reason why you can't use any of those engines, but there ARE reasons why you wouldn't.

Nissan VQ45:
    Good engine, but no manual trans adapter kit (bell housing / clutch assy) readily available. Custom gear would be a necessity.
    There is also the hassles of interfacing the Toyota loom with the Nissan engine / ECU, which is a headfuck in itself. Very wide angle engine, would have fitment problems.

Ford 5.4L 4cam:
    Doesnt Rev, Toothpick conrods, asthmatic 3 valve head CAST IRON BLOCK. Heavy as fuck. Very wide, too. I doubt it would get CLOSE to fitting between the strut towers as it is a moderate squeeze in a Falcon engine bay. Wiring would be even worse than the Nissan V8, not to mention the cost would be no less than $5k including gearbox.

Don't even get me started on the old Ford 5L.

Do your research and it all adds up.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.

If you come on here asking for ideas / help, accept that people are going to have views that differ from yours.
    If you already have your heart set on an LS2 conversion, then make a build thread with pictures. You're going to make alot less enemies that way.

SO THERE IT IS, IN BLACK AND WHITE FOR YOU.

And a final word:

You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast