Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: AE86 + EVO engine

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah the 1 i drove just had stock cooler mounted up front and thats about it

fuck they go hard down low but
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Oct 29 2007, 10:25 PM) </div>If that v12 weighed as little as the lotus elise this might be a good idea, but throwing an overly heavy motor into what is also in the same class as the sprinter as far as lightwight nimble cars, is just ruining what the car had going for it to start with.

My comments make perfect sense and anyone else who wanted to get involved would back me up. Hell if you really want i'll send delazy over to this thread and see how much he manages to drum into your head. Your comment was only because you yourself cannot think of anything intellegent to say. Deep wallet you reckon?! (gotta love these guys ) head over to this one mate and lets see your build up buddy. And since you brought the whole how deep's your wallet into it chech out this one too deep wallet, phhhtt dont talk yourself into a hole buddy

Yeah, so throttle control will enable me to run my twin turbo 6L v8 through my JDM T50 yeah?!? Sweet as man, where can i get a bellhousing?? Mate, when you upgrade power you must upgrade everything else, pretty common knowledge really. Bet those old f1 cars with 'truck' turbo on it didnt have a extremely weak gearbox behind it....

A toyota gearbox will mate to a toyota engine far far easier than a nissan or ford one, and you'll be hard pressed to find a gearbox from either of these companies that will fit in the sprinter's tunnel.

As for turbo's making 140kw, i have read numerous articles on twin turboed ls1 and ls2 motors, and 440kw is the safe power output without straining the motor. Which would be more than you'd ever need at all, especially in a 800kg corolla.

But please, do us all the favour of doing this conversion mr i got deep wallet. We all want to see a build up thread however, photos along the way. Otherwise you're going to be labeled a dreaming school kid with no idea and you will get flamed forever on here, the kid that thought he could lol

Bad Email Address

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Oct 29 2007, 11:53 PM) </div>And you know what mate, you don't really have a leg to stand on here.

So i'm going to spell out the hard facts, and even correct all the bullshit in that last post of yours.

The 'Boxy old Renault' you refer to is actually the Renault 5 Turbo II. and did NOT feature a mid mount V6. It had a 1.4L OHV Turbo 4cyl.
    The car that featured your mid mount V6 was the MG Metro 6R4. and it was NOT twin turbo. 3000cc NA V6.

It doesn't matter how absolutely amazing your throttle control with your right foot, you are going to have trouble putting that power to the ground. You know the F1 cars from the turbocharged era ran SLICK tires up to 14" wide? No doubt their skills (including throttle control) have a great deal to do with it, but these cars are set up to a point that is far beyond the reach of any of us, including you.

Take note, there IS such a thing as too much power for a platform.

Oh, and calling the turbochargers that were used in F1 'Truck turbos' does not do them any justice.

As for the Toyota v Nissan v Ford debate:

There is NO reason why you can't use any of those engines, but there ARE reasons why you wouldn't.

Nissan VQ45:
    Good engine, but no manual trans adapter kit (bell housing / clutch assy) readily available. Custom gear would be a necessity.
    There is also the hassles of interfacing the Toyota loom with the Nissan engine / ECU, which is a headfuck in itself. Very wide angle engine, would have fitment problems.

Ford 5.4L 4cam:
    Doesnt Rev, Toothpick conrods, asthmatic 3 valve head CAST IRON BLOCK. Heavy as fuck. Very wide, too. I doubt it would get CLOSE to fitting between the strut towers as it is a moderate squeeze in a Falcon engine bay. Wiring would be even worse than the Nissan V8, not to mention the cost would be no less than $5k including gearbox.

Don't even get me started on the old Ford 5L.

Do your research and it all adds up.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.

If you come on here asking for ideas / help, accept that people are going to have views that differ from yours.
    If you already have your heart set on an LS2 conversion, then make a build thread with pictures. You're going to make alot less enemies that way.

SO THERE IT IS, IN BLACK AND WHITE FOR YOU.

And a final word:

[/b][/quote]

The renault used in b class rally had a v6 twin.

I never said anything about my throttle control, read what I type carefully. And the only option turbos they had came from trucks.

And also, I never came here asking for ideas. I never said that ford or toyota are shit, at the end of the day i have a low k newer engine with more horsepower.

Bad Email Address

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (medwin46 @ Oct 30 2007, 08:18 AM) </div>If that v12 weighed as little as the lotus elise this might be a good idea, but throwing an overly heavy motor into what is also in the same class as the sprinter as far as lightwight nimble cars, is just ruining what the car had going for it to start with.

My comments make perfect sense and anyone else who wanted to get involved would back me up. Hell if you really want i'll send delazy over to this thread and see how much he manages to drum into your head. Your comment was only because you yourself cannot think of anything intellegent to say. Deep wallet you reckon?! (gotta love these guys ) head over to this one mate </a> and lets see your build up buddy. And since you brought the whole how deep's your wallet into it chech out this one too </a> deep wallet, phhhtt dont talk yourself into a hole buddy

Yeah, so throttle control will enable me to run my twin turbo 6L v8 through my JDM T50 yeah?!? Sweet as man, where can i get a bellhousing?? Mate, when you upgrade power you must upgrade everything else, pretty common knowledge really. Bet those old f1 cars with 'truck' turbo on it didnt have a extremely weak gearbox behind it....

A toyota gearbox will mate to a toyota engine far far easier than a nissan or ford one, and you'll be hard pressed to find a gearbox from either of these companies that will fit in the sprinter's tunnel.

As for turbo's making 140kw, i have read numerous articles on twin turboed ls1 and ls2 motors, and 440kw is the safe power output without straining the motor. Which would be more than you'd ever need at all, especially in a 800kg corolla.

But please, do us all the favour of doing this conversion mr i got deep wallet. We all want to see a build up thread however, photos along the way. Otherwise you're going to be labeled a dreaming school kid with no idea and you will get flamed forever on here, the kid that thought he could lol
    [/b][/quote]

Funny someone that has 3sgte and can't understand that they weight the same.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Oct 30 2007, 12:48 PM) </div>Would you care to explain this to me and the rest of the members reading this, is it just me or does that ^^^ not make any sense at all??

Bad Email Address

Lazy, one thing that gets me is, if you couldn't license a 2.1l turbo engine, why go to a LS2 or is this conversion engineerable?

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Oct 30 2007, 12:15 PM) </div>Get your shit right.

Oh, oh, you didn't say anything about throttle control?
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Oct 29 2007, 09:55 PM) </div>And what, you think the only turbos that existed before 1985 were on trucks? I am beginning to think you are ACTUALLY retarded.
    First mass produced turbo car was in 1979, near the end of the turbo F1 era. You think they 'had no choice' but to use 'Truck turbos'?!?

Oh shit Mr Schecktor, teh Turboz is blown1111!!!

Oh don't worry, we'll pull the turbo off the Kenworth towing the team trailer! they are one and the same!

You didn't think for a moment, that with all the money and facilities availible to them, they JUST MIGHT HAVE manufactured some parts of their own?

In summary, you fail at the internet.

Go make a build thread or stop fucking posing.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Love this site !!!!!! Javal, you win! Woo Hoo Newbie/dreamer/school kid just got shut down! Love it!

Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

bwahahaha! you fail at the internet... thats classic.... :jerry:

good luck putting a LS2 into a 86 dude :2thumbs:

just remember to post photo's when you fuck your car

and there's nothing wrong with new idea's sparkle86.... only retarded one's...
    -=Back by popular demand=-

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (medwin46 @ Oct 30 2007, 02:21 PM) </div>
    :lol: +1

and LAZY shouldnt you be out practising for the special olympics???
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast