Name
    Ryan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Got pics mate?
    bass_2000_au_au@hotmail.com says:
    they see me drivin....a 30....neons blaring....#####s lookin dirty....look at my dirty 30

Name
    Chris
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Craig,

I would be interested in your progress on using the rx7 s4 rears as I have a set at home and have been considering trying to mate them to a T series diff I have. Before anyone jumps on me, it's a JDM diff so I can't use the corona set up without some modification, and I figure if I'm going to modify, then I might as well use what I have already.

A quick question for you. Do the rear brakes use an internal drum for the handbrake, and regardless, how effective is the handbrake on them?

Regards,
    Chris.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Not sure, I haven't even looked at a pair of rear calipers. Couldn't even tell you if they were single twin or more piston. I was just going to use them because then my braking sysetm would be equal if i use the same size master and bias as the s4.

Handbrake i was just going to use a hydrualic one for drifting use. So that part didn't bother me.

Easiest way to tell about the handbrake would be if it has anything on the caliper that looks like a lever or something.
    bass_2000_au_au@hotmail.com says:
    they see me drivin....a 30....neons blaring....#####s lookin dirty....look at my dirty 30

Bad Email Address

before i install to my car

using mesh wheels now, cant see thru the caliper now

Banned

hahaboy are you running a FC disk over AE86 hub with bolt on spacer to clear calipers with Mesh wheels?
    What size and offset wheels are you running?

Name
    Chris
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Craig. I'll pull out the rears I have at home and have a look at them and go from there. I will eventually put in a hydraulic system but require a cable jobbie to keep the thing legal. Thanks mate.

Chris.

This might be a stupid question, but I have a S13 master cylinder here with 3 holes on it instead of two like my ke70 one has.. Am I able to use it or do I need one only with two?

What else is invloved in fitting ?

really? I had another thread in the tech section and it said I could but only non abs models.
    I had a look through the FAQ but couldn't find the info I was after.

What other easy options do people use? I've got large hilux rear drums and will have SR20 brakes on the front.

Ahh eyh I'm looking for something a bit cheaper if possible, this s13 one cost $75 but I don't think its going to work without a bit of modification to the lines.
    Anyone used a landcruiser one?

Can you tell me what year model roughly it's from? Non-abs?
    And did you need to use a bypass valve for the rear brakes?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast