Thread: sr20de into ke70 (non turbo)

Oldschool Member

Hey guys, im just about to start fitting my sr20de into my daily slider, just wondering if you have to modify the sump of the sr20 to fit it around the ke70 engine xmember? im aware that these engines should be mounted low and to the rear of the engine bay, so i was going to cut the s13 xmember mounts that i have off and weld them on the ke70 xmember, is this the best approach?
    also has anyone fitted a complete s13 brake conversion onto a ke70? any suggestions would be great.
    Please note, im trying to keep this project to an absolute minimum in costs, so all work will be completed by myself except the exhaust and the ballancing of the custom tailshaft which i will make myself.
    I also have a complete s13 that i can take parts from, so if there are any parts that i can use off this other car that people have fitted into a ke/ae please let me know that would be awesome.
    Regards
    justin

Oldschool Member

ok guys i have answered my own question about the xmembers as they are the same shape!, with the mounts cut off, but does this affect the placement of the sump.?
    thanks
    justin

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

about the brake's, there is a MASSIVE thread about putting s13 stuff into an ae86 in the tech articles, and since all ae86 suspension is interchangable with ke70 stuff, i assume it all applies to ke70's? i hope so cause im doin s13 coilovers/brakes into my KE soon
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Oldschool Member

ok, i will check it out, THANKS