Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4age Bigport + T50 Setup SOLD

For sale: Complete Setup, RWD (obviously!) including T-50 gearbox, all plumbing, etc. wiring to suit Wolf 3D BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE ECU. Brand new distributor, all wiring done professionally, 4-2-1 extractors, engine mounts and anything else i find i wont be needing, also including full 2 1/4 exhaust system now, including hi-flow cat.

Condition: Recently bought 86 with this setup already fitted, as i am going for a different setup thinking someone else may like this for a quick conversion, previous owner assures me motor is in top condition, judging by rest of the work around the engine ie. wiring etc. the impression given is that it's all done properly. I have NOT heard this motor running, was told of small leak between head and block, previous owner recommended a light machining of the faces and new gasket. Will attach photos tomorrow.

Price and price conditions: Generating plenty of interest so apparently well worth $1500.00, everyone saying they'll take it so the only way i can see this as being a fair sale is to say best offer before the 31/12/06 will get it!!

Extra Info: Still fitted in car atm, possibly have it out withing 3-4 weeks, willing to ship at buyer's expense, more than prepared to pack onto pallet and even drop at local freight outlet.

Contact Details: Reply here, PM me or email

(add your location here or your post will be DELETED!)

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: As stated, will ship if wanted, pick-up more than ok.

Name
    Josh
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Pretty keen on this actually, considering it doesn't have an ECU and the motor may need some head work I wouldn't say its quite worth the $1500...

May have to swing by that end of the state closer to when you have it out!

Ok, yeah will get some photos up asap, but looking at it myself today couldnt really see that much (if any) leak. It is a bugger about the ECU though, but basically that's the only thing stopping it from running atm!

Name
    Josh
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

What 86 was this motor in dude? Just wondering if I have seen it about.

its in a red ae86 from victoria, post pictures tonight hopefully.

yeah I am very interested. 1500 might a tad bit high if it needs machining/head gasket. Also ECU thing, but that's no big deal. I'll PM you anyway....

Bad Email Address

just so people know.. to surface a head is about $60... and a new headgasket is about $40...

takes abuot 25mins to pull the head off a running 4age.. so it really isn't that big a deal...

if anyone wants a TRD .8mm headgasket for this engine let me know also cheap

sorry for the thread hijack, but alot of people are getting there knickers in a knot over such a minor problem...

thanks mate, didnt think it was that bigga deal! for what it is, converted to rwd with good extractors and everything else it has going for it, ready to drop in i think $1500 + the $500-$800 for an ecu is a pretty cheap conversion!

Name
    Troy
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I know a bit about this engine

According to the previous owner it was completely rebuilt about 3000km ago so its basically brand new. It was running fine using a Wolf3D. As mentioned the only problem is its leaking oil externally from from where the head meets the block. The previous owner suggested that to fix it properly the head should be removed and skimmed to make sure its flat and a new good quality head gasket used.

It should be a very reliable fresh engine otherwise

Thanks for the extra info guys....!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast