Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hello!
    lol Matt.
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Name
    Niall
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

hey!

Name
    Ricky
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hi all, Ricky from Mandurah calling. I don't drive a AE86 or even a toyota instead i own a 78 Datsun Skyline Coupe. I have to confess I joined this site as you guys have got the goods where wheels are concerned and that's what I'm chasing. I have been in touch with Infinite Auto, but at present wheels from Japan are way too exy. I'm looking for some 15 or 16 x 8.5 with some neg offset. Would consider any design. Now can anyone tell me how they get on having wider rims than stock. I spoke to the Dept of Planning and Infrastructure about this issue and was told I can't go more than 30% of the original sized rim. I don't know about your AE's but mine came out with 5 inch rims which means I'm not supposed to go over 6.5 inches roughly. I'm about to put my imported fleared gaurds on which would allow me to fit 9 inch if I wanted ,providing I had the right offset. How does everyone get on running wider than legal rims, any hassles from you know who? Ricky

I doubt anyone would have issues with wide rims as I don't think it's a high priority for cops. Have you had a look at the Sportmax rims? They're not from Japan IIRC, rather USA.. also they're only 8s... but they're only $800 for a set.

Name
    Kev
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

hiyas man. read your car write up on silviawa. fricken awesome to have something that age and in its current condition plus mods.

tbh I kinda thumb my nose at dpi. i mean if you dont drive like you deserve to be caught then you wont... shouldnt... well chances are really low anyways. I spent some coin on some rims before the aussie dollar crash so managed to organise some 15x7 0 offset volks from factory. usual haunts to try and get them. kyp, jpc, c-red, ray ferrari just to name some others you havent tried.

Name
    Ricky
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the replies, and I think I'll do the same. Go for the bigger rims and play it safe on the roads, but tear the track apart. Thanks for the websites, i'll have allok. Saw the sportsmax at Infinite, not my cuppa. Meshies, ssr xr-4 longchamp are my prefered. Cheers Ricky

What does Ray Ferrari deal in? My Dad has mentioned him a few times over the years but I don't really get what he does...

Name
    Christian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Taken from

Food for thought there, not that I suppose you care if it's legal or not.

Name
    Nik
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

im Nik

i own a jdm trueno.its still getting a Extreme make over new paint,heart transplant the whole lot.
    Last edited by trueno; 12th April 2009 at 11:43 PM.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

nik did you just change your nik, howd you do that

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast