Thread: Rear End Suspension

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

my setup is looking and kind of leaning towards 7/5kg spring setup, running brand new hts102s (coilover front obviously), cusco swaybars front and rear...

the swaybars should control much of the bodyroll and keep the car sitting flat, while the slightly softer springs and the huge adjustment range of the hts102s allowing a more broad coverage of options...

alot of the advice has come from various circuit racers who believe that spring rates shouldnt be increased to combat body roll, that is the job of the swaybars...now not knowing alot about suspension geometry myself, this could be spot on or it could be miles from the truth and i wouldn't know the difference...

if anyone sees a flaw in my theory, feel free to comment and or correct me....

Name
    Benny
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

My 180 when I ran it, john, had Tein SS's. When it was 4WD spec(when i bought it) it had mass body roll. I lowered it, increasing force or whatever put on springs and it became alot stiffer and thus lost body roll altogether. Yes swaybars make a HELL of alot of difference, but suspension comes into play more I believe.

Name
    Todd
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Benny @ Aug 30 2008, 09:03 PM) </div>yeah lower centre of gravity will reduce body roll alot. this along with a stiffer ride height would affect the amount of body roll you have, although swaybars would remedy this problem much more specifically.

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i think one of the most important thing people are thinking of (in regards to spring rates) is tyre choice

retreads/second-hand vs. basic vs. performance vs. semi's vs. slicks ... all make a very big difference!

in fact i shouldn't even have mentioned that, there are so many factors that come into the spring rate debate, and unfortunately most of us don't have the money to try even a small variation of rates .. so not much you can do except that pray someone's setup works for you
    4AGE & 7AGE Forged Connecting Rods - Lightweight Flywheels - And Much More

^ Clicky clicky!

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (70XIN @ Aug 31 2008, 12:52 AM) </div>this is so true, I change the height of my car almost every time I change tyres to compensate for the different grip levels
    30kw club

hey everyone, jonny rochersters post on page 3 says

415 , 256 Suzuki 4WD front, (talked about)

i was just wondering where exactly the length is measured form.
    i just measured up some front shocks i found not sure what car ther from and they are about 410 from the middle of the round bit, to the bottom of the threaded bit.
    so add about a cm if its measured above the bush. they are 470 to the top of the threaded bit

they are gabriel gas shocks and i can prety much have them. just need to change the bush.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16