Thread: What cooling system and induction

Oldschool Member

Hi all, I am getting a 4AGTE to put into my AE71 and suspect the standard cooling system will be insufficient. Has any one done a similar install with helpful advise? I have seen it done with only getting the stock radiator flushed by a radiator repairer, but don't know if this would cure overheating? What radiators are you running and does the temperature rise above what it should?
    Also am not sure whether I should run quad induction or a JDM rwd intake manifold. I am thinking JDM rwd because of cost and easier instalation. Would there be much power to gain by going for quads? I expect the power output to be about 170rwkw.
    All help appreciated as I have never dealt with either of these issues and value others experience, thanks, Asher.

Bad Email Address

definatly go for the rwd jdm manifold, as for the gte you will need a custom plenum for the qauds anyway which will cost uber $$$ on top of the price of the quads, and probably not much gain, you'd be better putting a 7m-gte tb on the 4a manifold or something, as for cooling, if your rad is in good condition it should hold up well, however, for the extra piece of mind you could always go for something like a aftermarket 'performance' aluminium ones for the ae86's (i think pwr makes them or something) and a couple of powerfull thermo's with a shroud.

cut n shut a FWD manifold and get a ford/holden (TPS sensors are easier to use then toyota ones for aftermarket ecu's) throatle body put on it for a cheap solution. Or get quads. stock 4age throale surface areas are tiny.

Cooling - i plug a VP all alloy radator and make some brakets cheap easy nice and big

Bad Email Address

i use a vl turbo radiator in my ke 4agte and a single 12 inch termo and never had a prob not even on 40 degree days

AE71 Rolla

Stock AE71 rad with fan had no problems with the GTE. Never went above a third on the stock gauge even on a hot day!

Bad Email Address

i had the stock ae71 rad at first never overheated, i just put a bigger one in for peace of mind.

Oldschool Member

Might just get the stock one flushed then.

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

ST162 celica twin core radiator is a good budget upgrade, bigger than a spoonter rad and as mentioned before, it's twin core, not single so it cools more efficiently.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?