Thread: Has toyota ruined the new MR2,Celicas,Levin/Trueno etc

Name
    kravit
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Lightbulb

I was just thinking, with all old cars toyota have made by the new looks of new models and fwd performance that their new models of these cars have been ruined and lost.
    Simply leaving us to mod out old cars since there are no new choices.

I will be curious to know if they will do the same with new supra, since their done it with alot of their once were sports cars.

Onestly toyota hasnt offered alot in new sports car models without turning them into fwd or just making them look ugly.

Onestly what hell is wrong with toyota, imagine if new levin/trueno were rwd how much money they would make from these cars.

Feels to me that Toyoto is turning into making cars for family type only

Bad Email Address

agree'd

Name
    Taz
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

the mr2 and celica have proved themselves in motorsport so thats not really a problem

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

im gonna go out on limb here say that they wont make as much money as you might think. the cost of manufacture plays a major role in them becomming FWD.

secondly, assuming they were all RWD and alot of goodies in them, they wont appear to 99% of the TOTAL MARKET. Toyota have relised that A VERY large proportion of cars are sold to the average mother and father. So, with that in mind, the saving costs of building them FWD, plus the huge market for the 'average car' means common sense as to how the car is built, whilst maximising profit.

sadly toyota has had its run for performance cars....... again, because of profit and sales, toyota have turned to catering for the 'average family' not the die hard drifters etc etc
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

its doubtfull theyre even building a new supra.

they still make rwd cars. the called lexus's (mostly)

they still make crowns and chasers..

everyone here is completely right. its a cost thing, its just not a viable market.
    78's

Name
    kravit
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Why cant it be like old days

Well i was wondering if their new hybrid extreme looking thing will really be with 40k price tage, but imagine that is in american if im wrong ?

i think corollas have always been 'average cars' ie family type hence fwd to reduce costs/maximise profit

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

the new supra is coming out. 2008 i belive. its gonna be a 5L v8. and i think aus is getting the v6 version. google it cause i cbf.
    Originally Posted by cicca_294
    my dads mate is getting one, in white, aus delivered.
    his mate has an imported on in white,
    and their mate has a blood red one with a 25k new exhaust system...

i wish i had enough money for a freaking corolla

Oldschool Member

Topspeed.com was among a number of publications that claimed that there will be a return of the Supra in 2008 [11] but Toyota disclaimed this rumor on August 15, 2006. The same numerous publications that originally speculated on a future Supra all stated no new vehicle was being developed. According to an AutoWeek article on current and upcoming Toyota vehicles, all rumors on the Supra's return are false.[12] Automotive News also claim Toyota has absolutely no plans for a Supra in the future.[13]

" All the rumors of the two-passenger sports car's return are false." - Automotive News

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

then again im not sure i would liek another sprinter (in the flavor of the old one), i would hate to happen like what holden did of the monaro, just make a copie of there current car and mess with it abit (2door commo)...

and as far as japanise cars are conserned all seem to be on the down hill. with the turbo era being over. even look at nissan, they ditched the silvia they do have the 350Z but thats got a masive 3.5L n/a V6 wich aint in the traditional japanise style. then new skyline if it is ever relised sounds so complex. i read that it will have electonicly assisted turbo's, so much so that will it able to actualy be improved.. we can only see i surpose...

edit: lucky toyota made things with such quality that we will runout of fule resorse before they die...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast