Thread: AE101 4AGZE - W58 Conversion Help?

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey all,

I've asked a few people about this via PM, but thought I might post up on the boards to see if someone has something they might be able to say to help me.

Basically, I decided to go with a big ol W58 for my 4AGTE. Now, the bastard of a thing was that when I bought the gearbox, I got only the box and the box-to-bellhousing bolts. Nothing else. Hence, I don't know what I'm missing to fit it all back together...

So far my parts list for that area of the car looks like this:

AE101 flavour 4AGZE
    Clutch kit (ala AJPS, inc Pressure plate, clutch disc, and throwout bearing)
    Niteparts bellhousing (yay for Toymods group buy)
    Early T18 Clutch slave

That's all I have. I know I need a clutch release fork, thrust bearing and bearing carrier, as well as the two little clips that hold the fork to the bearing carrier too. Oh yeah, also need the pivot that bolts onto the bellhousing, and maybe a pilot/spigot bearing... and a sandwich plate and starter motor (the starter is on the other side of the engine). If someone can confirm all this, that'd be great....
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Anyone? Lol.
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Clutch fork and pivot ball will depend on the bellhousing. Talk to Niteparts or the other guys on Toymods who have got one. It could well be parts from the front of a W5*

Throwout bearing to suit the box you have (snout is attached to box isn't it?)

Clips are clips.

Should be obvious if starter is moved to driver's side. If so then a custom flexplate may be needed. Try starters until one fits. 4A would be a good initial guess.

Spigot is the same as the factory AE86 spigot (T50 and W5 input shaft ends are the same diameter)

Bellhousing to box bolts are easy. Just use anything that fits. A trip to pick-a-part can be handy here.

Hen