Thread: what to look for on an ae86 thats been modded

Bad Email Address

Im currently doing some engine work on my rolla, and in the next month or so i will probably be in the market for an ae86, now i know that everyone has different opinions on their ideal ae86's, and that is fine, i want to hear them, i will be looking for an ae86 that has already been, or partially modded, so what to look for (probably a $10K budget or so)
    It will most likley be a trackish car with occasianal daily usage,as i have the other car mainly for a daily.

- 4AGE 16V, 4AGE 20V blk/slv or 4agz/te - ive seen some blktop 20v's some 4agze's etc, as my rolla will be foreced induction i proably want to stay N/A on this one so 20V is proably what i'll look for - would this be a good move - i dont mind working a motor to get the power out if thats what they need.

Obviously something with an LSD, 2way or 1.5 or doesnt really matter, do i need to look for something with a Jap box and diff or a whole JDM car would be a better bet?

What sort of suspension mods should i look for to determine to buy one car from another, coilovers obviously, braces, brands etc

No rust, i am a hater of rust so i will be looking for something with minimal-no rust

SOMETHING ENGENEERED? with RWC

I can do the all the work myself but im looking at getting one already modded to save me some, good body etc becasue theyre expensive etc.

So what are peoples opinions on what i should look for in a modded ae86, engine combo wise, susp etc

(and no i dont want a kesev, so id prefer if this thread didnt turn into a ke vs. ae86 thing)

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

lsd, suspension, bracing, good wheels,

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

contact nightdevil on hachiroku site
    slightly more will buy his car and it will shit over anything for sale for 10k i have seen this long long time

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

good quality well thought out mods

rebutable brands, reasonable quality is the way to go

no...V

omg china bucket seat, ebay steering wheel, painted interior bits, pos offset 16s - so so shit

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

what does painted interior bits mean?? like people that cant afford to swap it around so they just spraypaint it? lol

Bad Email Address

my whole interior is practically painted, and it looks factory, but i know what they mean, it ruins a pure car such as a 8-6, i could walk down the street and buy another 8-2 in 10min lol, I've been scouring the net etc and have found a few contenders, a blktop, a silver top and a 16v that appeal to me and the S/T is nightdevils - and it would be well worth the asking price imho.

Name
    Chris
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yeah i cant believe craig is selling it after everything he has put into it.
    Definately my favourite hachi!!
    1984 JDM Zenki Trueno GT-Apex Hatch
    4AGE 16V
    +Quads, HKS 264 cams, Microtech LT10s, TRD gearset gearbox, TRD2WAY LSD, fun!

FOR SALE: JDM 4AG PACKAGE+ITEMS (ENGINE/GBOX/EXHAUST/ECU/SHIT)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ad.php?p=15205