Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: lowdown car jacks

Name
    Adam
    State
    South Aust
    Country
    Australia

Mate has a Blue Point jack. Fits under anything and it has a smaller quick lift thing so you don't have to use the long pole.

Its the bomb.

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Trade Tools are selling Omega jacks. Don't know how well these would last (Nick?), but jesus christ, their "1.5 Tonne Low Profile Jack" has a lowered height of only 63mm! Most low jacks I've seen are only 85-90mm fully down. Lifts to 500mm too, apparently. At $278 too, they're at a good price. If 63mm isn't low enough for you, maybe it's time to consider installing air jacks?
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I purchased one of the jacks I previously mentioned, yesterday. They're at $298 now, so a $20 price rise (US$?), but I think are well worth the money.

Very very low (advertised as 63mm, I measured mine at about 65-66mm though), and have a fairly long arm. Even at the highest point on the jack chassis we're only talking around 145mm, which is about as high as some of the $40 supercheap jacks lower to! Another handy feature is they go from minimum height to maximum height in only 2 full pumps!

The only reason I think other jacks with similar qualities are more expensive is one thing; weight. This jack weighs an amazing 40kg. That's like heavier than most dogs, even the big ones. Or is like a big big bag of fertilizer. Some of the racing jacks you see around the place weigh 20-30kg, 40kg is freakin heavy.

Obviously I don't know how this is going to last over a long period of time, but I'm pretty impressed with it having done an initial inspection and changed a tyre with it. But when you're spending $300 on a jack you kind of expect that.
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Name
    David
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

uncle has a blue point jack..

win points are the nylon wheels (doesnt rattle around like a bitch)
    the quick jack function (so you dont need to use the pole)

weights a metric tonne, but never given us any problems and gets constant use due to him building 2 cars in his back shed.

well worth the money i think

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

pugzor: googled them, they look quite descent!

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Pretty sure Autobarn had these at one stage. Always wondered why we don't see more of them actually... Most people just use wedges of wood to drive their car onto, then jack them up from there. Much cheaper, lol.

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

correct, couple of offcuts of 4x2, cut them on a angle if you really must.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2