Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4AFE -> 4AGE

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I was just wondering if anyone has done a fwd 4AFE->4AGE conversion? I've got an AWD corolla that apparently has the same gearbox and engine as other fwd rollas so id guess conversions would be kind of the same.
    Any help would be good thanks.

Bad Email Address

it would be 100% bolt in.. just need to wire it and you'll be fine.. you already have an EFI fuel system...

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

theres some issues with a small bellhousing not suiting a 4age flywheel from what I remember. Theres a guy with all the work in his worklog on one of the forums, might have been rollaclub
    30kw club

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

If I did the swap I'd do the gearbox as well cause the one it has is a bit stuffed and has shit ratios for the motor.
    But would a 20v or a GZE be the same? I know theyre harder to fit in rwds but in a fwd it might be no hassles.
    I'll have a look for that write up. I know theres one about a GZE swap an maybe a 20v but I dont know about a straight 4AG swap.
    And would the wiring be a bitch or would it just be like matching up plugs and changing their heads (or whatever you call them).

If you have an AWD Corolla (AE95 I guess) then you'll need to use your current box. If you swap in a 20V or GZE box then you'll lose your AWDness.

I know of a 20V powered AE95, however I've heard that fitting a GZE is a pain due to part of the box fouling on part of the SC setup.

Wiring isn't hard, but you need to take some time and get wiring diagrams beforehand.

Hen

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

**dies a little inside**
    I heard that theres something on the end of the gearbox that does the awding that could assumadly be put on a different box. Thats just how i imagined it anyway, I havent even had a real look, which i might just do. Anyway...

some one did a 4agze into one, i think he talked about the Gboxes carnt remeber (on rollaclub)

Bad Email Address

use the factory g/box and drive line with a 200mm 8 bolt flywheel... 4afe's have the 6 bolt 4ac 200mm flywheel...

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

SO I'd have to use the original box? Cause it's shit and it's most of the reason I'd do a conversion .
    Anyway at the moment it's all just speculation.

Bad Email Address

rebuild it and drill holes in the synchro's... will allow smoother faster high rpm changes..

those boxes are very cheap to get parts for.. and they are a good box once done.. my bro in law works for toyota.. he can rebuild one of those boxes with ease if you pull it out, and bring it down here to brissy i'm sure you two can work somthing out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast