Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Government Announces On Public Tv That They Are Retarded.

Eating when i the new P plate thing came onto the news, at the end of it some transport guy says that the government are 100% against defensive driveing courses...

will now install bullbars on my ae86

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

with spikes?

cmon....

do it.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

um... spikes come standard
    30kw club

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

lol... stupid.. that means they 100% support more people dieing on roads... the parliament is run by monkeys and a hamster on a rotating wheel

Name
    Dave
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

world running out of fuel... people making loud cars with spikes... and driving crazy..

MAD MAX PROFESY! IS TRUTH!!!!!
    pair rusty trueno guards
    2x trueno headlights
    pair trueno guard indicators
    rally zenki trueno front bumper
    kouki trueno front bumper
    zenki flip grill
    2x trueno grill
    pair zenki ae86 seats

Bad Email Address

i know what he means when i he said that he is against defensive driving..

he thinks that it will give the youngens more confidence to drive silly thinking 'yeh but it's all good, i know how to handle it when it goes to shit, cos i've done a defensive driving course' ....

where are in real life even a professional F1 driver is not really any different on the road to a normal person driving when it comes to sudden accidents...

personally i did one of these courses down at willowbank.. Q-drive or something.. i found it quite good as it teaches how to control lock ups in the wet... and control of mostley wet weather driving..

but hey.. thats me.. i can't speak for those genuine young idiots... a majority of which drive commodores i might add... coincidence???

Bad Email Address

yeah i'm amazed at the stupidity of stuff like this. people are going to speed no matter what. its whether they do it with any semblance of an idea what to do if it all goes to shit.

and sorry mattysshop thats bullshit that there is little difference between a professional driver and a normal person in a crash. So your saying that if you picked up a handful of understeer through a sweeping corner in the rain you'd pinch the brakes right quick? no you'd wind off some lock and hopefully get back some grip. i've seen people (shit drivers) hit the brakes and stack when they could've just rode it out.

thats what defensive driving teaches

edit* got defensive driving and driver training mixed up. defensive driving is avoiding an accident with whatevers going on around you, driver training teaches car control. gotcha.

I still think its bullshit that people can get a licence to throw around a couple of tonnes of metal and all they have to be able to show is how well they can maneouvre it at ~5kph. The first time most people hit the brakes with full force is when there is an impending accident.

this is one of those topics that i rant about so i'm cutting it here

Name
    Sameul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

More Driving EDUCATION

I'm 100% for defensive driving, but it doesn't save you in a crash situation.

Driving courses can be a two edged sword. I remember having a bit of an incident on a local road a couple of months after a skidpan session which I wouldn't have put myself into without the knowledge I gained at skidpan.

That said, it has saved my life on numerous occasions since....

I think Matty's point is that it doesn't matter much how good a driver you are if someone comes through a red light, or if you hit a patch of oil on a bend at 100km/h.

Some accidents are so sudden that even the best driver would have approx. SFA chance of avoiding them. I bet many people who have had an accident say "it happened so fast, I didn't know what was going on".

I can definitely see both sides. Some people after doing a driving course might think "sweet I know how to do all this shit now, I'm indestructible on the roads". Others might drive exactly like they always have but be more skilled at dealing with tricky situations.

So the effect of the course depends a lot on the person.

Hen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast