Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark's 3sGTE AE86

Name
    Harry
    State
    VICTORIA
    Country
    Australia

hey all just thought i'd chuck some pics up on what ive been working on and saving parts for over the last 4 years still got a bit to do but its slowly getting there
    its a 84 aussie ae86 but with a gen2 3sGTE with T04 turbonetics turbo external 38mm wastegate and gfb sv45 racing bov, I'm fitting 284 deg duration with 9.6mm lift cams and some forged pistons, gates racing cambelt, fidanza cam gears, gfb super light weight underdrive crank pulley, large 34 row oil cooler with remote filter mount and thermostat, custom sheet metal oil pan, fabricated intake and exhaust manifolds, light weight trd flywheel, exedy 3 puck race ceramic clutch, w58 gearbox (soon to be fitted with straight cut dog engagement gearset) hilux diff with detroit locker .
    its going to be painted in 2pak ice white the (same as my other 86) but with cby bolt on flares and a front bar from somewhere .

EDITED PICS ARE NOW ALL ON PAGE 2

Bad Email Address

whooo thats soo cool man good work so far!

Name
    Harry
    State
    VICTORIA
    Country
    Australia

yeh thanks its got 15*9 with 205/50 tyre will be fitted front and rear, but atm its got 195/50 on 15*8 fronts

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

loves this thing...

laid my eyes on it for the first time on sunday and fuck me the level work in this is nuts!!

the rims....oh the rims....Jap stuff for the win tho

Name
    Brenton
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

thats cool
    ADM 4AGZE SPRINTER
    JDM SR20DET TRUENO COUPE

ae86s love since 2004

Name
    Ashley
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Its coming along nice Mark, i like those new wheels

Name
    Harry
    State
    VICTORIA
    Country
    Australia

yeh the rear tyres are yokohama a 539 they are very good but no longer availiable, only what they have left in stock, but for a really cheap performance tyre u cant beat the maxxis ma-z1 i think they retail for about 130 each but they only make them in a 195/50 R15 and the bridgestone g3 are very good but also expensive avail' in both 195 and 205

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

nice build mate. those rims are hot as what offset are they?

any pics of the white one you have as well? i assume its the one in your avatar. its only a tiny pic but it looks pretty fat.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

the rims are custom made by ROH....think they were a -9....no idea on the exact model name

Hey mate

Looking good, i was under the impression yours was finished, lol didnt realise the white one wasnt the 3sgte!

Is the engine a st205 (gen 3) ?? i know you say it is, just the cam covers look to be off the gen 1?!? I notice also you havnet used the 2s bellhousing, which relocates the starter and clutch throw out fork to the drivers side (so the exhaust can clear easily), just wondering why?? What'd you fab the turbo manifold up out of? Just the heavy wall black pipe bends (aka steam pipe) or a thin walled pipe?? Is the intake plenum a chop and reweld standard job or?? I was planing on using the standard runners, but due to the tvis they have the split runners, and looking at the inlets to the head i think i can get an aluminium section pretty close to the shape so plan to make custom runners and plate as well as plenum. Just wondering what you did?? You'll be glad to know im looking at downsizing my rotors, from 330mm to say 310 to hopefully get some 15's under there!! Only for race tyrres though, still running the 17s everywhere else!!

One more thing, hopefully someone can answer it, i was thinking last night, im assuming the line from the brake booster goes to the intake plenum, but how well does this work, or how?? Because boosters work under vacuum, but with a forced induction engine the intake is under boost, not vacuum. Just wondering why it would work, or if there's something else i need to know??

Keep up the good work, have to check it out sometime, am planning a trip down south next weekend to get some seats, etc. check out forest's celica 3sgte and deliver the 4age, so maybe have to catch up with a few 86 guys!!

Peace

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast