Thread: 20v injectors

Bad Email Address

hi all in the final stages of engine rebuild and cleaning up throttle bodies and wondered if going with bigger injectors would be needed to increase hp. engine build so far silver top, 20thou oversize forgies 11:1 comp, port and polish, custom cams 291.88 dur int, 289.43 dur ex with adjustable cam gears, car is for track only

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

While I dont know the exactly what the limits of the injectors, I seriously doubt that you will max them out with only an atmo setup

A bit off topic but thats a massive duration that your planning on running, what lift are you combining that with?

how agressively are the ports been ported?
    30kw club

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Sound like it would be a sweet motor. As good as it is, its still not heaps more power than a stock 20v. (Because they were fairly good stock.) So STD injectors are probably fine. Please test this for us, see if it leans out on the dyno for no other reason. Or if you need high duty cycle.

Bad Email Address

sorry sam wrong figures i thought they were a bit high 258 in and 257 ex both 8 thou lift iam reading this of a sheet full of figures was not looking at the 50thou lift index. any way the porting as i understand was to be keep pretty standard so the power is in the mid range i dont know a great deal about it but the people building my engine do and the cams were ground by surecams. should have nice power when done. im also going to run a 4.5:1 diff ratio ill stick with std injectors just get them serviced