Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Custom TEFLON LINED Rose-joint 4 links

Oldschool Member

Hello guys,

I was speaking to a mate of mine that works in a CNC machine shop who has made me up some parts previously. I got a set of 4 links about 2 months ago, which are tip top and look the shit. I'm Just trying to gather interest, if it is worth while hooking up the AE86DC community with a 4 link group buy, he also has rose jointed panard rods in the making as well. I will not be profiting from this group buy rather than just lining up some sales for ae86 community.

Details of the 4 links are

All fabricated from T6 6061 alloy
    Metric ball joints
    Comes with all new metric grade 8 structural bolts
    Automotive grade rose joints used in drag cars
    All annodised black

******ALSO NOTE, ITEMS ARE FULL BILLET ALLOY and ARE NOT HOLLOW*********

All parts are metric rather than imperial (unlike US items)

[attachment=15207:attachment]

PRICE:

$385 x 10

Adjustable PANARD RODS will be a extra 100 dollars

People interested

1. ae86hachiroku - DEPOSIT PAYED
    2. driftke70 - DEPOSIT PAYED
    3. slippry - DEPOSIT PAYED
    4. Shortround - DEPOSIT PAYED
    5. Grassworkzgarage - DEPOSIT PAYED

6. Hara kiri - DEPOSIT PAYED
    7.MrMatt - DEPOSIT PAYED
    8. 4000gt - DEPOSIT PAYED
    9. J_D - DEPOSIT PAYED
    10. Aaron_drift - DEPOSIT PAYED

***************LATEST UPDATE****************************

We have the 10 required, thanks to all the guys that have shown interest and payed deposit. Will have updates throughout the weeks and pictures of progress. Keep watching this thread.

************UPDATE***********************

Thats 10 people, so the deal is $350 + delivery for the 4 links. Thanks for the interest guys, I will update this thread when I see him later tonight or this afternoon and keep everyone posted about details and specs of the rose joints. Apart from that, to the guys that have missed out, just PM me or post in the thread as there might be a few guys who may pull out of the GB. I won't be organising another group buy, as this was just a one off thing to help out the community, however I will speak to the guy making the units about becomming a board trader as there clearly is a market for quality and affordable ae/ke parts, so I believe he will add himself as a sponsor.

Also worth a mention, as I spoke to him a few days ago, he is looking for a competitive drifter who would be interested in sponsorship for parts. This sponsorship would enable the selected driver or drifter, to pay just the cost of parts minus labour and put these products through some serious testing. Benefits are quality products at cost price..

All guys wishing to seek sponsorship PM me the details specs of your cars, and how often do you compete etc. I'm pretty sure he will sponsor 1 or two drivers as he currently is working on some other parts for ae/ke's such as LCA's not cut and shut stock versions (but billet CNC machined units), RCA's traction brackets, steering spacers and what not. He has manufactured similar parts for s12/s13's etc and they have all had good reviews from the guys that have used them.

***********ROSE JOINT UPDATE********************

Ok well I spoke to him and we have a few options and the rose joints that may be used:

We have a copper base (high load rating capacity) won't thrash out as quick as stainless and they use this type of rose joint on a few of the formula V cars. But he won't be using these because some of you guys tend to think they are a shit unit, so he said 'whatever makes them happy'.

Stainless base, will thrash out quicker than the copper base (due to being made out of softer material). Is a option but not really a good unit if you are planning to put it under extreme loads, not really a great unit as they don't like dirt/heavy vibrating loads.

Now we have the race series steel on steel part number AM12G, great all round rose joint (high load rating), used in many of the clubman type vehicles. Is a option and is alot better unit than stainless/bronze.

Nylon lined part number PM12G is considered the best rose joint after a Teflon unit. Has a 40kn load bearing capacity that is 10kn higher than the above mentioned rose joints and is highly suited to high vibration environments, they also have a seal that clear dirt off the ball.

Teflon option atm is not a option as there there is none in the country (the place that he orders it from) and he can't get a good solid price on these, however if you guys have done your research they cost about 70 dollars a piece. However, at a later date he may have available for the guys that are willing to pay abit extra for the parts.

He gave me the retail prices on all these units too (per unit)

1. Copper/bronze - $16.00 inc GST
    2. Stainless $23.50 inc GST
    3. Race steel on steel $25.00 inc GST
    4. Nylon lined $28.50 inc GST

The nylon lined rose joints would be the ones he will be using in the group buy, however is a $35 dollar increase on the overall price (so that makes the group buy 350 to 385 + postage). I had a miss communication about the price on the group buy, so I take all blame and at fault on this one. The increase is not a extra 80 or so because, of my fuck up (which it could have been) because the group buy price was for 10 bronze/copper units. So he said he will wear some of the cost, to make a better all round unit. Also another update, the Panhard rods will be another few months away, however they will be offered to you guys for the same price of a $100 as promised for the people who have bought the 4 links.

I expect a few guys to drop out of the group buy after knowing that the price has changed and increased another $35 (350 to 385). However, you need to see it from this angle, you will not get a better quality made 4 link unit, that uses these type of rose joints. These are the facts..

***********ROSE JOINT UPDATE x2*****************

Ok just got off the phone to my mate, he has secured a shipment of TEFLON lined rose joints and will be using them on these 4 LINKS. The price will be exactley the same, but all rose joints now will be TEFLON!, with no added price. I can now gaurantee you, you will NOT find another deal like this ever, there will only be one group buy and the rest will have to pay retail, when he becomes a trader.

***********PAYMENT UPDATE**************

Also, he mentioned that if the group buy goes through for 10 nylon lined units, then he will require a $100 dollar deposit. The rest of the money can be payed in full when the items are ready to be shipped out (285 + postage).

CHEERS

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

interested, put my name down..

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

got a part number on the rose joints?

that will tell if the price is good or not

sounds promising

just need to ask does this have moderator approval

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

put my name down for sure
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Oldschool Member

Will have part number up, don't you worry they are top quality

Do you need moderator approval for group buys now days? well I am not profiting from this sale (nor am I a trader or a parts reseller), just rather than helping out the community, as I too have had parts made up that have been good and would have thought many would benefit from this group buy.

All sales etc, will be dealt with the guy from the machine shop, no money will go into my hands. I am just seeking interest and if there isn't any, there will not be a group buy. I am not trying to cut any other sponsors grass as they pay a fee to advertise. If all goes well, you may see another sponsor on board (that will be the person manufacturing them). Adding to the growth of this board. He would be a asset to this community as he has had years of experience in manufacturing parts for cars that race in IPRA, rally, and drag race and he sure does know his shit.

So hope this answers your questions.

Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

what about a group buy with panhard rod aswell?

or price on that too

also put me down for group buy!
    JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET AS F*CK!!! hmmm, when you prenounce it properly, it sounds gay how bout that.

Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

common guys lets get 10 people together for cheaper price!

also what is postage gonna cost?
    JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET AS F*CK!!! hmmm, when you prenounce it properly, it sounds gay how bout that.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

its a hell a lot cheaper than what you would find from Japan.. and even locally.. hopefully the quality is as good..

grassworkzgarage

im in 4 sure as long as the joints arnt going to clap out in 1 second
    other than that im in!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

imdown for the whole package panhard rod and 4 link rear end

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast