Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 4AGTE Build Specs

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

The later model GZE blocks with oil squirters is always preferable.
    mine with 280 cams gt28rs and bigport head hits 14psi biy 4000rpm, 5psi at 3000rpm
    Stock ignition is fine, as long as you dont use a haltec...

Name
    matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

hey sorry for such a noob question, but what are these things redlining at? i drive an ae92sx, 4age bigport afm nothing special but i like its revyness. are your cars just redlining at the normal 7700 or are yous pushing them past the crazy 9000 rev ranges?

btw this engine wpnt be in this rolla.

cheers, issa
    1982 KE70 - Red - Meshies - Madhouse Lip - Lowered - Custom plates (KE70) - and much more to come !!!!

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Unknown block, but probably an early model GZE
    Bigport AE86/AE82 head

It made full boost around 4000-4500rpm .. i might be wrong though, its been close to a year since i had that setup

SR boys make those figures on 16-20 odd psi, but remember an SR is a far bigger engine, IMO definitely not overkill ...... i have gone bigger in the quest for more power anyway Although im still trying to work out exactly what you mean by overkill .. were my figures crap in your opinion? or...?

Yes that amount of boost is fine, GZE's are bloody strong. The problem you will then face is gearbox strength (W-series needed), diff strength (T-series with all the good gear, or straight to F/G series as i have done), and clutch strength (still trying to find something that's good and doesn't slip .. probably twin-plate now)

Completely stock-standard head gasket. Toyotas make good gear in this respect (GE's, 1J's, 2J's, etc all have pretty decent headgaskets that can take a flogging)

Stock GZE ignitor with twin coils will be fine, i run a microtech with this and it has worked well. My GZE coils started missing a bit, so i upgraded to one of the most unassuming cars around .. the kia rio .. ran much much nicer since that change, so that might be something to think about if you have any coil problems

And to also add, i haven't change the redline past 8000 rpm, i see no need ... i will be doing cams soon, so that might change though
    4AGE & 7AGE Forged Connecting Rods - Lightweight Flywheels - And Much More

^ Clicky clicky!

Name
    matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

70XIN, that sounds good, but what i meant with overkill is the size of the snail, but it seems that you dont mind lag, so that dont seem to be an issue. yea the SR20 is alot bigger so i thought that with the power figures made on a sr20 with that turbo it might be to much for a baby 4age compared to it.

thanks so much for all the help and sorry for all the stupid questions as they may seem.

would it be much of difference if i just get an un-opend 20v 4AGZE and throw a gt28rs on the side of it and hopefully get 180rwkw with full boost ~17psi by 3500rpm reliably?
    1982 KE70 - Red - Meshies - Madhouse Lip - Lowered - Custom plates (KE70) - and much more to come !!!!

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

The last line of what you said, yes, exactly

Should get that power, and do so all day every day
    4AGE & 7AGE Forged Connecting Rods - Lightweight Flywheels - And Much More

^ Clicky clicky!

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ran 8500rpm on my gze for over a year. nevver missed a beat

Bad Email Address

if you can get an unopened 20v 4agze can you get me one!! :lol:

S15 t28 turbo spools harder than my kkr 280 turbo did!!!

Just reading this thread, and a few things i'm now interested in.
    My 4agte build goes like this, ae101 bottom end, unknown 16 bigport head, 3.2 l custom intake plenum, 7mgte injectors, t28 bb (new), 600 pwr cooler. 044 pump.
    now whats the go with the haltechs and the ignition setup? i was looking to get a e6x from haltech but read the coil setup doesn't work with them, and i really would like to change as little as possible about the gze. already took the small port head off and rebuilt it with a big port, but when you guys say unopened is better...... i get worried. .??
    also i have my 4a/w5x bell housing ready just need to know what the best way of approaching a custom g/box cross member is?
    and will my jdm disk diff be strong enough?
    also please point out if i'm missing anything with my setup, i'm aiming for a reliable 200 rkw.......? :blink:

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yup, i'm running the Haltech E6X and it doesn't like the ignition setup at all. Too many teeth on the reluctor pickup. If you do end up running the Haltec you may have to grind teeth off the CAS to get a clear enough signal, as well as run a reluctor interface for the computer. Apparently the earlier E6K's didnt have as many problems though.
    As for a motor being unopened, they seem to last longer when unopened, but its just a matter of time before you have to crack em open anyway...

I had a custom made xmember for my W57 but there is a template up somewhere for cheap simple effective one around somewhere.
    My JDM rear has broken 2 axles already as a GZE with 120rwkw... Still gonna run it though.

Bad Email Address

SMALL AXLE OR BIG AXLE

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast