Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Heres the new hall effect dizzy, should work fine

Bad Email Address

interesting!!! please elaborate what why how much where form!!!!

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well, after a week of late nights trying to get it running for the last NSW Drift round, including new CAS, swapping sensors, installing a reluctor interface for the haltech, completly rewiring the CAS and still not getting a decent friggin signal out of it, decided to send it off to a mob in VIC.
    All thats left of the original is the shaft. It now has what looks to be a machined down Magna dizzy with hall effect sensor. The big cap you can see is the trigger wheel and the notch on the inside of the cap is home trigger.
    Haven't hit me with a bill yet, but its gonna be expensive

Name
    Ryan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I would recommend using a oil cooler too. As far as im awere all GZEs have oil squirters. Toyota put them there for a reason. To help the cooling system to do its job. If your oil gets too hot it will loose some of its lubricating abilities and may cause bearing issues.

Also an engine that is over normal operating temps will be more prone to detonation which will kill any motor in seconds... And remember the detonation that you cant hear is the one that kills.

Another with the australian temps i would recommend using a slightly thicker oil say around 15w 50 or 20w 60 as thinner oil will be up to its operating temps before the motor is even started. In winter go for something around the 10w **
    bass_2000_au_au@hotmail.com says:
    they see me drivin....a 30....neons blaring....#####s lookin dirty....look at my dirty 30

Name
    matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

hey guys, ive been researching for a build i plan to do towards the end of this year. but im really curious atm, also abit of a newb to toyota, but i plan to learn a few more things before i start my build... btw dont mean to hijack...

i plan to make around 160rwkw+ on a 4agte. but i want to know which combination of head and bottom end goes best. whether it be worth a 20v with a 4agze bottom end, or a big port+agze bottom end or a small port+ze bottom end. like i said im pretty new to this stuff and would like to know what combination of head, bottom end goes together best for bang for buck money to make all day every day 160-180rwkw with full boost around at 3600rpm max. atm looking at a disco potato gt28rs or gt 28 bb turbo.

while where on the topic, would the suggested combination be able to handle this much power on a stock bottom end relatively relaibly, and would the head need new springs or cam gears or shafts?

thanks in advance, issa.

btw throw in any relative info, say things that may need changing apart from the obvious, cheers.
    1982 KE70 - Red - Meshies - Madhouse Lip - Lowered - Custom plates (KE70) - and much more to come !!!!

Name
    Michael
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

To make the power you want all you need is a smallport GZE and a gt28rs running around 14psi. It really is that easy. This combo will be reliable as it's pretty rare to break a motor at this power level. As for the head, cam gears would be a plus as would cams but not necessary.

Name
    matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

thanks for the reply.

with this combo will i be able to pump up the psi and reach 200rwkw without breaking anything?

because i want to build something with room for improvement later down the track, thats why i asked if it was worth putting a 20v head on a ZE block. would this setup require new ignition system?

thanks again for the help, cheers.
    1982 KE70 - Red - Meshies - Madhouse Lip - Lowered - Custom plates (KE70) - and much more to come !!!!

Bad Email Address

You never know what or when things are going to go wrong but 160rwkw is safe over 170 is problem city!!!!!
    also read back into my posts i have written alot oabout the problems i have encounered!

Name
    matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

what model GZE bottom end and model bigport head?
    when does boost come on, and when is it full boost by?
    dont sr boys make those snails hit 240rkw, seems abit overkill for 190rwkw on a 1.6 litre.
    is this reliable? and is it with a .8 trd head gasket.
    can someone answer what ignition system is needed, or will stock ZE do for this figure?

lol sorry for all the questions, but im pretty curious.

cheers, issa.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast