Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 4AGTE Build Specs

Bad Email Address

Ok i have leanrt alot of building and modifying my 4agze map sensored engine runing haltech ecu to 4agte.

So first thing was to take off the sc and all the crap that comes with that. first problem i came across was the jdm 4age rwd maifold is meant for a bigport and my engine is a smallport so a T3 adaptor was installed. 2nd problem was that the turbo would not run with the dizzy cos it wouldnt fit so i am now running a Crank angle Sensor and 4 coils. Next thing is to mount up the turbo i was running a kkr280 and i spent 800$ on it and sold it for 5o$ today it was a shagged piece of s**t, and make dump pipe and im running a straight through under diff 3in exhaust With that flexie piece!!!!!. then the cooler piping into the cooler and into the throttle body. i used a 300x400x70 cheepie cooler with 2.5 in cooler piping. Now to electronics i went for a microtech lt10 ecu only running the water temp sensor and throttle position sensor inbuilt map sensor 2. Standard injectors and everything else standard which was my first engine. smallport with oil squirters and 8.9-1 compression ratio pistons. also you have to take off the sump and weld in a pipe for the oil return. The oil and coolant lines i used were from Enzed they are speed flow fittings. i used the heater hoses as the coolant in and out. and the oil line from where the oil pressue sensor was. i used a t piece in the line so i could have the oil pressure sender still but it reads realy low so i dont even bother connecting it anymore. also I am Not using an oil cooler!
    So with that setup my engine made 169.4rwkw on 17psi boost. Then it boost spiked and blew up blah blah blah.

Now im running a bigport gze low comp ratio engine with a trd .8mm metal headgasket HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED and a rebuilt smallport head. i pissed offf the kkr junk and bought a T28bb turbo off an s15 and drove it the other day its a screamer!!! the engine made 160rwkw@14psi.

Other problems i have come across. acl headgasket= junk
    the only gze pistons you can buy genuine from toyota will not clear the oil squirters in a map sensored gze! use a decent socket on the headbolts! replace the water pump!!!

any q's just ask hopefuly this will give you more insight slippry cheers

BrittanySpears

cheers man, good info. wont be long now before i start conversion.

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

just done exactly the same, only with a bigport head. will see how much power difference there is

Bad Email Address

3 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

can you post up pics of the cooler install? whats a pretty big core for a AE86!

Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

good write up

im currently running a 100kw smallport 7 rib block

and getting some hks 272 cams and port and polished head and rebuilt bottom end with gze pistons was thinking t25 turbo and kelway manny cooler and piping microtech ecu and getting hold of a rwd bogport manny

built correctly im hoping to get about 140-160rwkw

is this very achivable and what would i do about the pigs in blu if i got defected? could it be defected? if it looks fair standard there shouldnt be much problem?
    JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET AS F*CK!!! hmmm, when you prenounce it properly, it sounds gay how bout that.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

dnt bother with the cams, instead get bigger injectors, possibly 4agze or i believe 7mgte ones fit....use a T28bb from a JDM s14/s15 and itll love it....otherwise look at the hypergear range of turbos if u dnt intend on running more than 20psi.....

with that setup any less than 160rwkw and id be pissed

Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

why not bother with cams i thought they would help higher rpm and give more power
    JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET AS F*CK!!! hmmm, when you prenounce it properly, it sounds gay how bout that.

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Just wanted to say which way I went with my conversion. Mind you, it's not on the road, but this is what fits and stuff.

I went 4AGZE from an AE101, but obviously yanked off the supercharger. Got a T3 bigport to smallport adaptor plate so I could use the intake plennum off a RWD 4AGE with a bigport head on the smallport 4AGZE head. You'll need to source some custom bolts at a measured length, I think mine were around 50mm with the adaptor plate. On the other side of the engine a turbo manifold from AJPS (short runners so I don't lose as much kinetic energy in using a longer tuned runner system, won't matter much at high revs but the turbo won't last as long as it could, plan replacing it anyway...) holds the KKR330 turbo (probably a bit big, plan to get some kind of Garrett later down the track) on. The internal gate on the KKR was welded and an external wastegate was put on to the manifold in the form of a Tial 38mm, with 0.5bar spring. Because the manifold gives the turbo a high-mount, this simply goes down the bottom where the turbo would usually sit. Had a big fitting put in the sump, near the back of the engine, for oil return, nice and high. Put in a T-piece where the oil pressure sensor goes into the block, for oil feed, and also tapped into the water drain plug next to it. I used braided lines for everything regarding turbo, and when it came to fittings on the turbo I used pieces that were angled, so I could face them away from the exhaust housing.
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

why not use after market cams?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast