Name
    Timmy D
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default Brake master for jap ae86

Hey guys

long story short i have big brakes and bad pedal feel so i went down to my local wrecker and bought a r32 non abs brake master cylinder.

got home whipped my old one off and went to chuck the the r32 one on, its not even close to fitting! the bolts from the booster are spaced further apart and one is down on an angle. so i have jummped on the site and had a read and im pretty sure i have a jap booster (tell me if im wrong?). my question is what car can i get a MC from that will fit this other pattern? and who wants a r32 master as i feel i now have one for sale. cheers
    JJ
    "my mind demands side pipes out of hear, now to command my hands to make them"

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

You need to get a booster from a early model AE86.

Then you need to measure the piston sizes of your big brakes, and the original brakes.

Then measure the AE86 master cyl diameter, or read on the side that it's 13/16".

Then select a new master cyl size that you want, but keeping the brake to master area ratio about the same. It is not just the diameter ratios, but the area ratios. So pie dee squared over four.

For a fixed caliper, you only consider pistons on one side for the calculation.

Name
    Timmy D
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

instead of getting another booster is there a MC that will bolt onto the one i have got?
    JJ

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

There is none that we know of yet. But you still have a good chance of finding one.

Name
    Phuoc
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yes i have the same problem, and notice that jdm and amd booster are different,adm bolts horizontal and jdm is on an angle

Name
    Ben
    State
    S.A
    Country
    Australia

Yep the 2 are different and there aint much that will match for you.Hope you find something then you can do all our homework for us Unless you change back to the aussie booster.Just go exchange it for one if they have one at the wrecker u purchased it from?.good luck with it mate.

Hachiroku AE86 Masters Club S.A since 1998

Name
    Timmy D
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Hey cheers guys. all sorted i just went down to the wreker and grabbed a another booster. so sorry i did not find a replacment for the jap master. I did have a look at a corona with 4 discs and the master patern looked like it could be a match but it did not have writen on the side what size so i gave it a miss. Heads up for any one running a ze and wanting to put the r32 master you will have to remove the could start valve from the side of your throtal body because the brake lines will interfear.
    JJ