Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i thought it would have been on the inner of rim
    JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET AS F*CK!!! hmmm, when you prenounce it properly, it sounds gay how bout that.

Name
    Kane
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

he had that worried look on his face...

'mate the tyre will just 'pop off"

hahaha

Bad Email Address

what do ya think of 175/7013 on 13x8's for the rear and 185/70/13 on 13x8's for the front?

Name
    Brendan
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

70 profile is way too massive, i wouldnt run a higher profile than 60 on any size tyre.
    Plus tyres with a 70 profile are a really big bitch to get off when they are pulled tiight, atleast the ones i done were.

i run 165/55's on 13x7's at the moment, only because i dont need to use decent tyres. When my car is more setup and i start hitting the track though i will be upgrading to a bigger tyre at the front, 185/55 if possible.

Oldschool Member

would a 205/50/15 semi's same as street 205/50/15... i really mean would a semi's any than fatter/bigger and streets tyers?...as semi's seem to have more rubber with in them.

yeah my plan is to put on 205/50/15 all round semi's(like TOYO R888) my wheels are Front:8.5'' offset not to sure but look pretty deep dish Rear:9'' offset same comment for the front(a little deeper i think)......So what you people think?!

my car are running ad07 195/50/15 all round no issues.

My car:ae86

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

You dont need to stretch semi slicks as they have very strong sidewalls due to their construction.

If you can fit 215's without scrubbing then they would be best bet but will most likely cause clearance issues if you car is low
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Oldschool Member

im planing to put 205/50/15 on front 8.5'' Rear 9'' not for of stretch, i just wantd to have no issues with scrubbing etc..

i love to put 215's but they will have more chance of scrubbing and most likely cause clearance issues if you car is low as you have stated.

that why i ask:below

just wantting to know it wont have to much issues!!

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, i wasnt implying that you were trying to stretch them! :lol:

Was more of a generalisation.

Should be sweet dude, they are the same size tyre in theory so they should be fine.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Oldschool Member

hi guys...yeah im just wondering have any one run a 225/50/15 semi's on the Rear with 9'' wide wheel??...if so any issues may i ask??

yeah im changing my mind on 205's...now i want 225's,yeah 205's a bit too small for 9'' i think, and is for the Rear so i go why not 225's.

below is a pic of my car(yep the pic is taken is japan,yeah it has just landed doing custom clearance rite at Brisbane port now)

By looking at these pics, do you guys i could run 225's ok??

and one more questions when(size of tyers) do the Front tyers start hitting side wall when full locking??

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

This size tyre will most likely cause clearance issues and is very large for a small, light car like the 86.

You should try driving the car first on 205 tyres and then base your decision from your impressions. Almost definately, you will find that 205's will have plenty of grip for such a light car. 205/50's are fine on a 9 also, welcome to stretch!

Can't judge without knowing what size tyres they are in the pictures, look like 205's? 225's, will most likely cause severe rubbing in your case unless you jack the vehicle up like a 4wd!

This depends on the rim width and offset, in your case the tyre would hit the guard long before it hits the chassis rail, given the negative offset of your wheels.

fucking nice car btw, bet you cant wait till it gets here!
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast