Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: n00bvaks ke70 project

Name
    Novak
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys, Just bought a ke70. 1984, sky blue, grandma spec, 4k that doesn't idle

The plan:

Basically the premise of this project is to try and get a car to drift "somewhat" reliably for around 5k.

I wanted to chuck a cadet in there originally but I'm not really looking for powa, just want to have a taste of drifting. If I like drifting, the I'll sell the bunky, get a ceffy or a r32 4door and do the drift thing. I may even drop a cadet or 4agte into the KE, but who knows, when I get money to do it, I'll let ya's know. But for now the KE is the coolest.

Check out all of the details here....

CBF listing all the stuff again heres a taste though:

Description:

* Car : 1984 Toyota KE70 Corolla
    * Name: Silvia
    * Engine : 4K
    * Exahust : stock
    * Trans : stock 5sp man
    * Diff : stock open
    * Susp : King springs, monro gas shocks
    * Rims : stock front, Nissan CA rear
    * Paint : Sky blue (stock)
    * Exterior : s13 spoiler
    * Interior : CRX drivers seat
    --- All your base are belong to Phil Bradshaw!!! ---
    `
    <<< blog >>> build thread<<<

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

dude, you are a rare kent... you will regret spraying coke all over it, you have now offended it and it will give you hell the moment you take the 4k out of it!

people can vouch that my car hates me, it like to embarress me and its trying to kill me, no shit! not long after i put a 4ac into it i ran off the road and into a pole, it would die and carry on. im on my second motor now. i ripped the rear half of my exhaust off about 3 weeks ago in my mate driveway. it randomly scares me by its unwilling ness to run, it also randomly fouls plugs at the most inconvenine of times..

G/L with it, get some semi desent 14's on there and cut those springs down abit

edit: watchout for grandma cause she dont like her car cutting skids, only she is allowd to churp 2nd

Name
    Novak
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Im a little embaressed to say this but it was actually carlton mid sprayed on too the ke. It was only because we ha no full strength left, I PROMISE!!!

I got some picks with some fat 14" on it. looks so hot, minus the mammoth springs.

Ill post some more pics tonight.
    `

Bad Email Address

stock ke's are hideouse, better get onto that strait away lol

plans sound good tho man!

keep us updated.

Name
    Novak
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hey Guys, midi update.

New parts care of my good mate ben at KYP and Stomps from Bodgepro:

- 15 x 8 wantanabes, offset unknown (not type r) they look hot!!!
    - momo steering wheel n boss
    - cusco front strutbrace
    - ae86 x-member (edit: forgot about that!)

car is still riding high, but the strut brace defiantly made a difference. Ben from KYP is providing bits for a S13 front end conversion. Trying to find some coilies, its hard to find front only though. Thinking that I may have to get a mixed coilover set from hsd or something. It would be nice to have coilies at the back too but the budget is gonna be pushed out by the following goodies.

I got a new job on the mines so I'll have a bit more money lurking around, so wat better way to splash out then chucking a 4agte into the old girl aye

Dont know whether to build or buy the gze, as I may be able to swindle free labor on that from a sponsorship deal im tee-ing up, but who knows. Turbo will be a t25/t28. I want as little lag as possible as it will be for drift, so prolly go for the cheaper t25, plus they are cheap!!!

Im thinking an ems stinger ecu setup by overboost here in WA. Heard they can supply and install one for 2k including engine tune and dyno, so that seems pretty sweet. Havent heard any bad stuff about the ems stinger, other than they are a bit basic, but you guys can let me know if im wrong.

And before you ask ill have some picks up tomorrow, having too much fun driving it and not enough time taking pictures of it

Hows that sounding to you guys so far, on the right track? any advice/warning from you 4agte guys?
    `

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hey man sounds all good to me, im not an expert on 4agtes though, but

just something to look out for, ive got s13 setup in my car, and you really gota get pretty long coilovers in order to make it user friendly.

your best bet is to head over to nissansilvia.com and try and buy some 2nd hand ones, either in good condition, or bad condition and then get them rebuilt (about 500$ to get them rebuilt, but its worth it) theres prolly no need to buy brand new ones, as rebuilt ones are just as good and not as expensive.

the brand to get is "kei-office" they are known for being quite long. also its a must that you have base adjustment or your car will be crawling along the ground.

i personally have JIC base adjustable, they are extremely short, but do the job ok.

hope this gives you a bit of help anyway.

-David

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Name
    Novak
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

PICS!!!!

Sorry about the quality, sh1ty camera phone but you get the idea!
    `

Name
    Novak
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Also go some second hand s13 D2 coilovers the other day. Very nice, hardly used and i cant wait to get them on. An the best thing, they only cost me $250!!!!

I have got the hubs, disks, LCA and camber tops for it now as well, so not long till the front end is DONE!!!

Cant wait to get all of this on!!!

Cheers for the help ke70dave, they have adjustable base so it should be k. *hopes*
    `

Name
    Novak
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

k finally have s13 conversion on... YAY camber. also picked up a T18 diff with a TRD lsd centre and some rear suspension. Its way too low at the rear atm, saving for some 6-8KG TRD springs to bring the rear height up a bit (if anyone has any and wants them to be sold to a good home, let me know!!!).

Diff has a buckled axle, I got spares but time is always an issue as is lowering the front and rolling guards. just have to chuck the new axle on and the t18 drive shaft (if it fits up to the 4k that is,anyone know that it will definitely up the the k40/k50 box???) and I should be on the road again.

Still got lots to do though, got some guard flares to put on and body work to do so I can slap some paint on it and get it ready for the new engine!!!

I have decided to get a 4agze and whack that in to get me some power and get drifting!!! i will get a bottom end rebuild done early next year and fit a ems stinger cpu so I can run a nice T28 on the shiny highmount i just got

Thanks to stomps and chrisco at bodgepro hq for all of there help! and ben (kyp) and josh (wreaking car) for the parts.

Anyway, what you all wanna see.. here are the pics!!!!

d2 shocks with 86 camber tops:

other s13 stuff

diff with whiteline sway bar and "pre-adjusted" parnard (looks like a banana)

s13 conversion complete (minus alignment) yay's camber

everything, so low

rear is low!!!

more booty for ya
    `

Name
    Taz
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

that wing has to come off along with the tow ball and get that front down!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast