Thread: Max's Ke 70 new project

Name
    Shaun
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hello all ive been around this forum for a while reading but never sign up a account, well finally i bought a ke70 because i was sick of working on nissans, i used to own a ra60 sillycar but sold it because of the amount of rust, i also own a nissan s12 with a ca18et which keeps braking down because the owner before me did not seam to know anything about cars so i needed a new daily while i finished the s12 and my mate had this sitting in his shed ive been trying to buy it off him for the last year or so ever since i got my linecse. i got him to sell it to me for $100 plus and 16 abd bmx which i stopped using so i was very happy Plan is to keep as a nice and simple pig that still is fun around the hills as some of the members on here know im always out driving.
    Plans are 4ac to keep it simple because the 4k sucks and is leeking water into the oil and im to lazy to take off the head id raither drop the 4ac with the box. its been painted using exports, i only spent $24 on the paint so thats a win ive got new tyres on the front $116 each. locker, spings, coilovers, the normal stuff are to come. This was my 18th birthday present to myself ganny pulled throught with some cash so engine and box should be bought as soon as possiable. my favorite thing on my car is the hetick blue fuzzy seat covers

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

hey mate, if your not planning a 4age conversion i would think about a k-motor. 5k/7k

im sure you aware of the conversion costs with a 4a conversion and the amount of parts you need. tailshaft, box engine and cross members, pedal box/hydro clutch system, modded fuel lines, radiator, thats before box and motor aye..
    rollaclub is your best bet with all k-series stuff, just so you know..
    5k= 1.5 moderately priced and fairly easy to find good on fuel
    7k= 1.8 harder to find and more expensive

Name
    Shaun
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yea i know theres alot but i need to learn alot more about cars so this is one way to do it i took the 4kc apart because of a blown head gasket i was amazed how easy toyotas are to work on compared to nissans :angry: im thinking ill just do the shockers and lock her first i took it for a drive for the first time yesterday, i think im in love thinking of selling the old s12 for a ae71 and do the 4age conversion it sucks being in year 12 and only getting 100 bucks a week from work most of that goes on petrol or fixing the s12 :angry:

ya max! good boy, dirty nissans FTW !!!!111

are you coming out tomorrow night? my car isnt fucked ne more so i shall be out for hecktic skids y0!

you can have my 4ac for liek $20 bucks when i have my 4age! and can i interest you in my rear sus?

love you
    Traction and me, were not meant to be...

Name
    Shaun
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

well im giving up i replaced the head gasket and shes still getting water in the oil and overheating so shes for sale soon so i can buy a ae71 no ways anyones getting the front wheels not my $116 rubber if no one want its the wheels are going to a mate and the cars going to u pull it make my money back lol

Bad Email Address

haha max, selling it already? oh well i only just saw it.

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

lol @ $116 per tyre.... the price of new rubber

i think just buying a ae71 is by far the easyest and cheapest option.. bit of muching around with the converion, i did the converion into a ke70 but it was fairly strait faward due to me having a ae71 right next to the ke70 oso it was simply a matter of unbolting and replacing.

Name
    Shaun
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

haha yep im looking for a ae71 now they seam quite hard to find well one for the right price Anyone got 1 im going to to put wtb ad up

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

yeah they are indeed, just remember to also get one thats manual other wise your only slightly ahead in terms of the converion..