Thread: Stalkers AE85.6

Name
    Matt
    State
    Auckland
    Country
    New Zealand

Default Stalkers AE85.6

Well I had one on the old forums, but hadnt had time to re-post it here...so thought I had better put something up lol.

I will go through and update this a lot more when I have some spare time (dam end of year tax time sux!)

heres a pic I love of my baby:

Hope you like...
    Last edited by stalker; 7th April 2009 at 08:26 AM.

Name
    Roland
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

My Rims!!! awsomenessssses

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Looks neat and clean.
    Nice color too.
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Name
    Matt
    State
    Auckland
    Country
    New Zealand

Hey mr AJPS!! How are we?

And cheers guys...will add some more when I get the time lol

Name
    Jarryd
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Car looks really nice mate.

Banned

cool picture. your sprinter looks real nice.

Name
    Matt
    State
    Auckland
    Country
    New Zealand

Time to update this one too I guess lol.
    Still a work in progress, but one day it will be done and running!!

Like my other project post, this is more of a 3 year history on the car all rolled into one post, so sorry for the date errors

Well, finally got myself a car thats going to be a bit of a project that ill work on slowly...
    :lol:

This is what it came with when I brought it....

RUNNING GEAR

20v 4age
    Alloy ram tubes
    Link ECU
    2.5" mandrel bent exhaust
    T50 gearbox
    4:3 lsd
    Shortened Koni's on the front, and shortened Munroes on the rear
    Lovell super low springs all round

BODY:

Blue with a Purple pearl
    Fiberglass bonnet and rear hatch
    Autosport rear seats and door cards
    Front, rear, and B pillar strut braces
    TRD front lip

Pics:

The things that need doing:

New front seats (has ripped ae85 seats in there at present) - Done
    Carpet for the front (has none) - Done
    Re-inforce the fiberglass parts
    Tune the Link - Done
    Mags
    Upgrade the brakes and rotors (slotted)
    Different tail lights (NOT clear ones!!!)
    Clear glass headlights

Havent decided yet as to what engine to run with. Im thinking either keep the 4age, or go for the 4agZe. atm im thinking I want to be different and NOT turbo it, but who knows...

I know theres more..but this is all I can think of atm...

Its an 85 that the old owner went and put 86 everything into it...

Well, the flatties talked me into putting the new seats into the car yesterday to have it ready for the 86 meet today...then one of them said "we may as well do the carpet at the same time". (8 hours later I think he regretted saying that! :lol: )

Now I must thank the both of them for doing this for me, as I have the cracked disc in my back, I couldnt do any of the work myself, so they both did it for me...so a big thanx goes to them!!!

Ok, so, here were the ripped old seats that came with the car when I got it.

Old vs New seats!!

Heres the new carpet...looks and smells so nice and new and stuff lol

Now with the seats all ready to be bolted into place, it was time to start on the carpet.
    Heres the crappy old carpet with the drivers side been cut out by the old owner (dont know why he did that....)

All the old carpet out, everything looked good until we found a nasty crack in the right rear drivers seat mount. We dont own a welder as yet, so we have planned to head down to a mates parents place in whanga next weekend and get him to weld it up for us before it breaks.
    Also fixed up some lose wires behind the stereo

Then we cut up the underlay, and all the holes for eveything

Heres a pic of the boys working hard, with the cat supervising

Then came the front underlay and rear carpet

Had to mark out and cut all the holes for everything

5hours later, and a lot of smoke breaks...the carpet was done. (He even said that if anyone else would like it done on there car he will do it for a $350 fee)

Then came the fun part of putting everything back together

Then finally, its was done!!
    Has made such a difference of the inside of the car!!

Well, I got board today...so I stupidly listend to the flatties and went and brought myself another engine! :lol:

Ok, so now for the full story.....
    After days and days of research, and having the flatties tell me that I would miss not having boost, I thought ok, ill build myself a 4agTe, plus I can learn all about engines while I build it (im as mechanically knowledged as Brittany...well not quite, but ya get the drift), so I found a suitable 20v 4age on tard me for sale and brought it.
    We went to go pick up the engine with the flatties as my back is f**ked and I cant lift anything

...so we got it home and thought we may as well make a start on it, so we stripped it all the way back.

And now we have ended up with this: (the other parts we to dark to take a photo of)

Not bad to say it took us only a few hours to strip, and that included multi smoke breaks

So with it all in pieces now the fun will begin, gotta clean the parts, buy some new parts, and start to build the turbo'd engine.
    Plan will be to buy new parts ie. pistons, bearings, rods etc, to make it nice and strong.

I also may need advice from time to time too :oops:
    Please feel free to share any info/advice...

So yea, tis going to be interesting!!!

HeheheHHEHEhhHEhHEhHEhhhehhehehehehehee!!
    :mrgreen: Well, my nice shiney new turbo arrived tonight (thank you Bazda) :mrgreen:

I cant stop gigglin like a school girl everytime I look at it :lol:

Specs:
    KKK T3/4 Turbocharger
    Rated to 500hp

Compressor Specs:
    to4e cover
    3" Inlet
    0.5a/r
    56mm Inducer
    83.5mm Exducer!!

Turbine specs:
    T3 turbine housing 0.7 A/R
    3" outlet V-Band
    TWIN entry Turbo Flange for fast spool
    65mm Exducer

Polished Compressor casing K27 Oil cooled core, Wet floating bush bearings

Well I guess its time for an update as its been a while. :lol:

CAR:
    So we started to do the stirpping of the whole car a few weeks ago.
    The plan is to strip the car back to pretty much the bare shell, tidy up the small rust parts around the rear guards, take out the door looks, prep the engine bay for de-looming etc (plus a few others that im going to keep quiet until I have done them hehe)...and the have it all ready for painting.
    So far we got up to removing everything off the rear all the way forwards to the dash. It was well after midnight and it was a week night, so we thought best to stop there and we can continue on next time.
    Heres a couple of pics to give ya the rough idea...

The joys of having a flatty that works in removals....LOTS OF BUBBLEWRAP!!! :lol:

And the best part of all that we found (well, didnt find) in the boot, was...NO RUST!!! :shock:

ENGINE:
    As for the engine side of things, that is all going good.
    I went down today and dropped off the new oil pump, toda cams, and cambelt. They are going to make a start on the rebuilding of it now, so that should be ready in a few weeks. Woot!!!
    They have gone through and balanced everything! Decked, skimmed, well yea, everything to the engine, so once its done, it will be a fully blueprinted and balanced engine. I basically thought that I want to do it properly (even thou its costing me my left testie) and make it as reliable as possible.
    Heres some pics of the drop dead sexy clean engine parts lol...

Forged conrods

Forged pistons

Fully rebuilt head

Theres no pics of the actual block itself as that was tucked away at the back of the shelf, and the poor guy had already pulled all these parts out for me to take pics of, and I didnt have the heart to ask him to pull the heavy block out too lol.

Also, today, wifey and me took the front bumper down to a friends fiberglass shop. She makes bodykits and does repairs and stuff...so im getting her to make me a custom front bumper. (pretty much just to make a few suttble changes to the original front bumper).

So yea, next part will be to make a start at ripping the front half of the car apart and get to work on the body.
    Stay tuned.....

*Again, I must say a huge thanks to the flatties for doing all the hard work while I just stood there and rolled smokes*

Heheh woot!! Just got the pics of my new (old) bumper thats just been modded for me by a friend of mine who does all her own fiberglass work.
    Should be picking up sometime soon when I get time to go out west + a bit futher! lol.

Before:

After:

Its only suttle, but its just the way I wanted!

Well, thought I had better do an update as its been a hell of a long time coming lol.

We are 95% done on the engine bay de-looming.
    A HUGE thanks to my best mate Stolic for all the countless hours spent on the car (so far :lol: )

Heres a pic of the test engine sitting in the car just so we can finish off the wiring:

Also working on the water system at the moment. Have some secret squirrel stuff been done on that. Will show once thats all done too.

woot! I ordered an intake from Ebay on Tuesday, and its just arrived...not bad to say it came from the other side of the world in 3 days.

Small update...engine is in! now just adding all the bits to it.
    Engine in:

Got this Gilmore kit to go on:

Also ordered one of Bazdas very nice clutches:

Thanks Stolic for all the hard polishing: (will be adding a carbon cover once they arrive)

Not too much to report other than some more parts arrived...

Yay, custom made bumper is done and ready to be picked up.....

8)

Well they have finally arrived!!! 6 weeks wait, and it has been so worth it!

The rears have the most dish that Works make in the Equip series. (the supplier said he had never seen ones this size before! lol)
    133mm of dish baby...YEA!
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Specs:

Fronts: 15 x 8 -28 offset
    Rears: 15 x 9 -66 offset (yep, -66 muhahahhahahhahahahhaha)

I finally got a chance (thanks to stolic making me do it) to put one of the wheels one the back. Surprisingly they dont stick out as far as what I was thinking they were going to :lol:

It sticks out about 70mm outside the guard roughly

Ok, well I just stood there and made coffee....but Stolic and Gumby did stuffs :lol:

old suspension coming out to make room for shiney new suspension.

Last night we dropped out the whole front suspension, swaybar etc etc and will sit down and clean that up and give it a coat of paint to look new again.

Yay for shiney stuffs!!!

Small update...

Diff is booked in to be made starting next week. Should hopefully have that back within 2 weeks the guy thinks. *fingers crossed*

Huge thanks to Nick @ Platinum Wheels for hooking me up with some very very nice rubber for my wheels.
    He worked them out perfectly for the size as I wanted a little stretch, but nothing too bozo styles lol.

Fronts got 205/50/15 Toyo T1R
    Rears got 225/50/15 Toyo T1R

Well its been a long time since the last update!

The diff that was meant to take 2 weeks to complete ended up taking 4 months!! :evil:

Got it home and fitted it onto the car, added the wheels...and hello, the wheels stick out FURTHER than what they did before it was done! WTF?!?!?
    Measure the diff and find out that it is 10mm longer than the old diff!

Turns out that the guy had taken off the 50mm each side that I asked him to do for me, but he forgot to factor in that the hilux diff was 110mm bigger to start with. So back it went and now we wait till its fixed up.

In the meantime, I got a couple of photos when we cleaned out the garage on the weekend.

OMG I finally got my diff back all complete!!!!! 8O

Just popped it in tonight to make sure it all lines up and fits etc, and bar one of the 4 links touching the bolt on the slide piston of the caliper, she fits! lol
    Will have to see about fixing that part ourselves...really dont want to wait another 7mths for it

Old vs new:

The new diff makes the wheels fit perfectly!!

Name
    Azz
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Epic Update! Nice work too...

Name
    Ryan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Awesome Build, Cant wait to see it finished!!!! keep the updates coming
    Ae86 Sr20det powered track project in progress...................

Aw11 4age Daily

Name
    Matt
    State
    Auckland
    Country
    New Zealand

Finally got my 4-links installed and put the wheels on to make her back to a rolling body.

Still need to sort out the rear calipers, but that will be next on the list.

Looks gangsta!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast