Thread: Disconnect high beam / high beam switch

Oldschool Member

I've got a lo-beam hid kit and bumping my high beams flicks them off, and because the HIDs are hot, i cant turn them back on straight away. Can be corncerning at night

Would disconnecting the high beam switch be the best option? How would I do it?

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hid lights shoudl still turn back immeadiatly when they are turned off, how long does it take to turn back on?
    30kw club

riojin

i would think you would have to disconnect the highbeam wire and splice another wire from the lowbeam wire into its spot. this would be done in the steering column.

this however MAY turn your lights off then on in an instant for normal lights seeing as i havent tried it.

i too have the same kind of problem being my highbeams dont work. but also my bosskit is too short so i bump my lights whenever turning to highbeam which esentially turns my lights completely off. im planning on fixing it so i only have low beams when in the highbeam position.

i could get around to it tomorrow. ill let you know how it goes after i do it.

Oldschool Member

Naw from what I've seen with most and read, when they are hot (i.e been on for awhile) they need significantly more grunt to start them up again. Most of the igniter's in aftermarket kits aren't up to it, till they cool a little.

I am keen to know how it goes!

Bad Email Address

I had the same problem. when flicking on my high beams the light in the dash would come on, but all the headlights would go out. found two faults. A bad solder joint on the switch (behind the steer wheel) and a faulty plug on the harness
    under the steering coloum. Maybe check these areas.