Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JDM Levin (pics + video)

Default JDM Levin (pics + video)

Hi Guys, I think i posted this on the old forums, I cant remember. The video is definitely new. Here are a few pics of my car.

I bought her from JDMyard about 2 years ago. Had to fly up to NSW to pick her up. When i got her, she was a stock late model JDM coupe meaning it had all the black interior, air con, power steering etc. Wanted more power but didnt want to spend too much so i got a gze from one of the forum members. The gze came off a drift car and was pretty stock except for upgraded pulley, huge aluminium radiator and oil cooler. Engine management that came with the gze was a WOLF 3D. The below video shows the car on the track with the above mentioned setup. As u can see, its misfiring (sounds like revvlimit) on most of the corner exits. Im not sure if thats caused by the ECU or not because it goes away when the engine is VERY warmed up. As for suspension mods, its got pretty much everything needed, coilovers, castor arms, trd sway bars, etc etc etc. The reason for the video is hopefully i can get some feedback from you guys about the driving, the car and whatever u wana comment on. thanks.
    Last edited by sideeways; 8th April 2009 at 08:01 PM.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Is this the same car that was at the skyline nationals? My mate was there with his track spec r31 ti, had the jap plates on it. You ran better times than he did if I remember right

Hey Intense, ur quicker than me hehe i was gona post the video link after my 1st post but u beat me to it. Yea i was at the skylines nationals. The above video is footage of skyline nationals! I think i remember ur mates R31. nice car!

Here are a few more pics

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Car looks/performs good, one thing i noticed with your driving is your cross your arms up to much and you look abit nervous/tense but apart from that, it looks good

PS. I like How she steps out a little half way through

thanks gumbie, im still working on the steering work hehe. I used to drive one hand, not anymore! now got to learn not to cross them. I wana do it Keiichi style haha

oh and some people said i like "chopping" the steering too much like those PRO RACER wannabe. I do that only cos I feel that the rear is about to step out even if the audience cant really see it. If i dont, it probably will step out (in my defence )
    Last edited by sideeways; 8th April 2009 at 08:21 PM.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Whats that thing on the tierod?

on the tie rod?? is there something there?? which one?

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

That silver tube, is that just a brace of some sort? or does it allow easier adjustability

This is another vid, with traffic and busted shocks. Front two are leaking and if im not wrong, towards the end of the day, front right is completely dry. Makes driving VERY hard!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast